Any short ladies feel like pounds come off SLOWLY? 4'11 here

Options
sillieone1
sillieone1 Posts: 7 Member

Replies

• QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am short (5'3) and I feel exactly the same way. And I'm not saying it is the only reason, but I think a lot of times in the past, even when I was doing really well, that I ended up back where I started because I get discouraged easily. We have just got to stick with what we are doing and always leave room for improvement.
  • lahstrand
    lahstrand Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Have you read The Petite Advantage Diet? It might be worth a read. If you think about it a pound for a short person makes a much bigger difference than a pound for a tall person. If we gain 15 lbs it can be a difference of 5 sizes in our pants but a tall person gains 15 and maybe has slightly tighter pants.

That's what I'm trying to remind myself as I lose weight this time. Each half pound gets me closer to my goal and if that's all I can lose every week then it is still a loss.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    For sure! 5'2" here! That's why I like to measure inches lost rather than weight. Sometimes I'll even gain a pound or two but I'll lose an inch in my legs or half and inch around my tummy. When you think about things being proportional, smaller ladies are going to lose smaller numbers, need less calories, and have trouble reaching some of the gym equipment. :D It is really frustrating. My 6" husband can eat 2600 calories a day, drop weight and bulk up in a week, and doesn't have to hem all this clothes. Jealous! The good news is that it really shows when we do lose that weight. You drop 5 pounds at a smaller height and it looks like you lost 10! There's always a silver lining!
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm also 4'11 (well, 4' 10 and 3/4 but who's counting) Buy a measuring tape and start logging inches! You may be suprised when you don't lose a pound but lose a pant size :wink:
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm also 4'11 (well, 4' 10 and 3/4 but who's counting) Buy a measuring tape and start logging inches! You may be suprised when you don't lose a pound but lose a pant size :wink:

This is true! For the last month and a half I lost inches almost everywhere (except hips, grrrr) and the scale has stayed the same. But I'm also only 10 or so pounds away from my goal, so I know progress will be sloowwwwww. I'm 4'11" too - or rather, I like to say I'm 5' with shoes on. :D
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'4" and 43. I have been here since January and lost then gained back the same 4lbs over and over and over....... I just can't seem to get it to go!!!
  • sillieone1
    sillieone1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips!! I think I am going to get out a measuring tape and start keeping track of that too. I know I have lost cause my pant size is down its just frustrating to not see it on the scale, but I have to get that out of my head!! It's true that as you guys said 5 pounds on us makes a BIG difference. I will also check out that Petite Advantage Diet. Thanks so much for the support everyone!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    yes it is super slow. it took me a year to lose just 20 lbs. I thought i could do that in 3-6 months like everyone else.. but nope! it was super slow!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Ugh, yes. And pile on faster!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!