kid friendly snacks

Options
My kids love apples, celery with peanut butter, grapes, etc for snacks but what are some non fruit snacks that are still healthy yet kid friendly? we are used to buying gummy snacks (kellogg's harvest acres) but im looking for something different

Replies

• ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My kids like snap peas, baby carrots and cherry tomatoes, broccoli. Whole grain crackers with a little cheese is good too. Yoghurt without too much sugar. They're just starting to like nuts. Sometimes we'll have a hard boiled egg.
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    bump
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My daughter loves yogurt. I get her Chobani champions.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    Yogurt, string cheese and applesauce pouches.
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    fresh veggies, apples with peanut butter, smoothies with fruit and homemade greek yogurt, homemade banana ice cream, fruits-basically any, graham crackers, whole wheat toast with blueberries, whole wheat bagels, cheese, yogurt

Can you tell my kids like to snack? lol
  • sarajeanelles
    sarajeanelles Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My daughter is only 13 months, so she is just beginning to snack on 'real food' but she likes greek yogurt, string cheese, loves bananas, yogurt smoothies, organic peas, corn, and beans of all kinds. I also make mini muffins with various fruits and veggies for her and I freeze them and pull them out as needed, they are a great and easy go to snack or breakfast when I'm looking for something quick. You can find lots of recipes if you google healthy kids muffins and snacks and there are also lots of ideas on Pinterest too.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Freeze-dried strawberries, peas, soybeans, etc. My one year-old granddaughter LOVES them all. Far better than gummy-anything.
  • reneeyegor
    Options
    I get the Greek yogurt and put in fruit and granola. Great for breakfast.
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    If the kid is old enough to put small pieces of food in the mouth you can try making thesr oven-roasted chickpeas! I've seen them around on Pinterest lately, and a friend of mine makes them without the hot spice (chilli powder) and her boy loves them!!! Great for a game or movie night. I'm giving them a try tonight.
    http://www.chow.com/recipes/30368-spicy-oven-roasted-chickpeas
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    For non fruit snacks I give my son Baby Bella Cheese MIni's, String Cheese, Yogurt, pb & crackers, homemade ice pops, veggies & dip, pop corn
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Bread. My 5 yr old's go to snack is a piece of bread. usually plain, maybe with some peanut butter.

I bake our own, so it's usually a whole wheat or whole grain bread of some sort....give him a choice between a white bread and a dark bread, he'll always pick the dark bread.

He also likes pepper jack cheese sticks, hardboiled egg (whites only...he wont eat the yolk), berries of any kind, bananas, yogurt wih graham crackers.

Can't think of much else. He's not really much of a snacker.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I get the Greek yogurt and put in fruit and granola. Great for breakfast.
    This is my morning snack ;) . My step son likes red pepper strips, cheese, homemade juice pops sometimes, jello occasionally (not the chemically sweetened one) full fat yogurt, the pepperidge farms gold fish crackers (they are 100% better than a lot of other crackers, colored with fruit and vegetable juices)