Need a super easy chocolate protein muffin receipe

Options
shelleycolton
shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
Hi,

I have been adventureous and have bought some of the whey powder for a try and need a super easy chocolate protein muffin, as i am not a good baker at all so pretty please not a super technical and hard to follow. If you have it in UK or grams that would be fab! Thanks everyone. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I tried Muscle Milk for the first time last night and it's not the worst protein powder I ever had. After reading your question, I also now want a recipe. I wonder if you could just sub the powder for the chocolate in a normal scratch recipe?
  • jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    http://bakebakebake.livejournal.com/3555644.html

Looks interesting. Haven't tried it. 100 calories and 14g protein per muffin!
  • songbirdsweets
    songbirdsweets Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason chocolate protein bars are great. I use dark chocolate cocoa powder, stevia and apple sauce instead of baby food
  • shelleycolton
    Options
    Yeah, thats a good idea, these look fab and yummy. Will give these a go.
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    2 scoops chocolate whey.
    2 table spoon unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 cup of cranberries
    1/2 tbs baking soda
    1 egg
    1 banana
    Vanilla
    Any type of sweetener/honey/stevia/splenda if you like it sweeter.I dont need it sweeter though.

Blend banana and egg. Mix with the rest of ingredients.
    Mix and pour into muffin cups. I use silicone muffin cups. Easier to remove without any mess.
    Bake for 15 mins in the preheated oven at 375 degrees F.
    Makes 4-5 muffins.
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump, always looking for something new
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Try these. Not super sweet but very easy to make with a food processor. I can whip up a batch while the oven pre-heats!

Protein Brownies
    For 6 brownies, approx 148 calories each

Line the bottom of a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325F.
    In a medium sized food processor bowl combine the following:

1 cup large flake oats (approx 100g)
    1/2 cup 1-2% cottage cheese (125g)
    1/2 cup liquid egg whites (= 4 whites if you prefer) (125g)
    2 large scoops whey isolate protein, chocolate (82g)
    1/2 tsp *each* baking powder and pure vanilla extract
    2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (10g)
    2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (150g)

Process it until it makes a smooth batter. Pour it into the loaf pan and cover with foil. Bake for 25 mins. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 mins or so, but keep an eye on it. Remove from the oven once it sets fully but be careful not to overcook, or the egg whites will get sponge-y and the brownies will dry out. Let it sit for 10 mins in the pan until it starts to pull away from the sides and then lift out using the parchment. Let cool fully on the counter and then cut into 6. Store in the fridge - I wrap mine up in cellophane or store in a plastic container and they keep fine for at least a week.

**You can add 1/4 cup artificial or natural sweetener or some kind if you like, as well. The original recipe calls for it but I find that I like mine just like this. If you add liquid sweetener, I would suggest using less applesauce. The original recipe can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/149814-banana-blueberry-protein-bread? You can also use greek yogurt or pumpkin puree instead of applesauce.

My stats are: 148 cals, 2g fat, 19g protein, 3g fiber.
  • shelleycolton
    Options
    Thanks these are great, Im so greatful for the receipes. :flowerforyou:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    These sound great!
  • shelleycolton
    Options
    2 scoops chocolate whey.
    2 table spoon unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/4 cup of cranberries
    1/2 tbs baking soda
    1 egg
    1 banana
    Vanilla
    Any type of sweetener/honey/stevia/splenda if you like it sweeter.I dont need it sweeter though.

Blend banana and egg. Mix with the rest of ingredients.
    Mix and pour into muffin cups. I use silicone muffin cups. Easier to remove without any mess.
    Bake for 15 mins in the preheated oven at 375 degrees F.
    Makes 4-5 muffins.

Just popped these into the oven slight change i didn't have cranberries so popped sultanas instead, fingers crossed they rise.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    Bumping for later...
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bumpin to read later
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    was on a mission to make protein muffins that I could actually enjoy eating! Most recipes I found on the Web produced dense, bland muffins. These muffins contain flour and protein powder in near-equal amounts, which means that despite containing whole wheat flour, they are light in color and relatively light in texture too. They’re not low fat (although they are low in saturated fat), and they contain more sugars than most protein muffins, but they are tasty – they remind me of a low-fat angel food cake, and they do contain 12 grams of protein per muffin. They are very filling!

Makes 12 muffins
    New quantity:RecalculateShopping List

Total time: 50 minutes
    Prep: 15 minutes
    Cook: 20 minutes
    Rest: 15 minutes

Ingredients
    1 cup whole-wheat flour
    4 scoops protein powder (no flavor, zero sugar – I use Biochem Natural Flavor)
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    4 large eggs
    1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt (I use Voskos)
    4 tablespoons Canola oil
    1/2 cup honey
    2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners and spray with nonstick spray.
    2. In a large bowl, mix flour, protein powder, and baking powder.
    3. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and yogurt, then add oil, honey and vanilla.
    4. Pour liquid mixture onto flour mixture. Mix with a fork just until combined.
    5. Spoon into prepared muffin cups. Batter is pretty runny, so it’s easier to pour it into a Pyrex measuring cup with a pour spout and just pour it into the cups.
    6. Bake 17-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in one of the cupcakes comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then 10 more minutes directly on the wire rack.

Nutrition per muffin:
    Calories 191.1
    Total Fat 6.8 g
    Saturated Fat 1.1 g
    Cholesterol 64.6 mg
    Sodium 134.9 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
    Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
    Sugars 12.6 g
    Protein 12.0 g
    Weight Watchers Points Plus: 5 points
  • xRm7x
    xRm7x Posts: 1
    Options
    Really quick and very few Ingredients.

Makes 1 muffin:

2 egg whites
    2 scoops chocolate protein powder
    2 table spoons oats

- mix together in a mug and put in the
    Microwave for 1 minute.

- leave to cool down then pop into the fridge.

Done :)

They will have an eggy texture when they are warm but once they
    Cool down they'll have more of a muffin texture.

Leave out the chocolate protein powder if you want them savoury as a bread alternative.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • spuds1316
    spuds1316 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Bump