Collar bones

Options
I would love to see mine. It's been so long. I do an hour of cardio a day (stationary bike 14-15 mph average) I can feel them. Seems like it's just skin and not fat over them. Help me help them make an appearance, PLEASE!!!! :)

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    eDAyG8M.jpg
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it's one of those genetics things. i've always had that guy V, at any weight. my brother has calves the size of footballs. some guys have a six pack at 20% body fat, and some have to lean out to 12.

i'm sure you have other great physical attributes.
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    Honestly? I want it all!!!! :) Don't usually drink anything other than water, 12-14 glasses a day. And as for the rest....maybe once a month? I'm really trying.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    It's just like everything else - the weight comes off from all over however it feels like, you just have to be patient and they'll show up to the party eventually.

And yeah, I'm gonna tell you to start doing some resistance training, because everyone else is about to. I do what you would probably call no cardio (8 minutes of HIIT, 20 minutes of LISS, each 1x/week), because resistance training is pretty much way more efficient for any kind of "I want to look good" than cardio is. Also for the bone density and strength thing, which are kind of important too, I guess.

Find a strength program you like - you can do bodyweight like Body By You if you don't like the gym, or do Starting Strength, Stronglifts, or New Rules of Lifting for Women if you do. Do whatever it says to do. Cut out most of the cardio. Be amazed at your efficient and effective progress!
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Capt is right. Collar bones don't mean squat. At my highest weight, I had boney shoulders and collar bone. Your build has everything to do with it. Dont worry about those and concentrate on your best attribute!!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I want collar bones and cake
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Funny...I never thought about collarbones until now.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Are collar bones anything like ribs? I could really go for some BBQ ribs right about now.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Seemed like it has been coming off in the reverse order that it was gained for me. On the way up it started with gut then moved to other parts and face. When I finally decided to do something about it it came off from the face first and now the only real thing I have left is the spare tire. I even had to size down my wedding band 2 times. Who thought there would be that much excess mass in my fingers to do that?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    eDAyG8M.jpg

I love this because it's hilarious, and I hate it because some dumbass actually made the first part seriously.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Are collar bones anything like ribs? I could really go for some BBQ ribs right about now.

and some COLLAR'd greens Yummmm!
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    eDAyG8M.jpg

haha yes!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    eDAyG8M.jpg
    :heart:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    eDAyG8M.jpg

But you don't really have to chose. I have collar bones and a mostly flat stomach and I eat pizza, sweets and soda. Well, and cake but I won't ever have a thigh gap.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    eDAyG8M.jpg

But you don't really have to chose. I have collar bones and a mostly flat stomach and I eat pizza, sweets and soda. Well, and cake but I won't ever have a thigh gap.
    frabz-I-dont-always-go-to-walmart-But-when-I-do-Im-reminded-that-I-hit-1bb17f.jpg
  • KimLee76
    KimLee76 Posts: 89
    Options
    I never saw mine at any weight (normal or heavy) until I started doing lat pulldowns. I cannot tell you for sure whether it was the wide grip or close grip since I do both, but among other areas I think the wide targets the back and the close targets the front. Whatever the case, I started seeing it about +20 lbs ago after I started with the lat pulldown machine, and I'm certain it is that machine because that was the only upper body machine I was using at the time.

So good luck to you and I understand. I never really gave it much thought before but I must say I have been quite delighted to see collarbone. :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    LOL. No. Not the genetic lottery. IIFYM for the win!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I want collar bones and cake

aaaannnnnd now I want cake.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Agreed. It's genetic, I weighed up to 280 at my heaviest and have always had very prominent collar bones lol one thing I have always gotten good comments about ^_^
  • CoderGal
    Options
    LOL. No. Not the genetic lottery. IIFYM for the win!
    Who said I was talking about you :P
    tumblr_m219mttON01rqfhi2o1_400.gif