Insanity Inches

Options
Hey,

I've problably posted similar stuff previously, but I'm a lil impatient.
I was wondering when do peoplenotices inches dropping on insanity, as I'm still waiting for cm to drop off

Thank you :)

Replies

• rolemodel69
    rolemodel69 Posts: 365
    Options
    If your nutrition is right, it doesn't take long, you should be able to see the difference after the first weeks. If your nutrition is not right, you can expect to take a while before seeing any results.

Most people see the difference after the first month but you can measure it after 2-3 weeks.
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    I'm taking in the 1800, sometimes 200more sometimes 200less depending on the day, I'm averaging at about 1700 calories.

I used the guide in the elite nutrition pack to work out my calories. Is that a good estimate or should I be useing a different equation?
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    How much of a calorie deficit are you running?
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    I subtracted 500calories to give me 1820calories
    )
    (also prior to starting insanity I did above 9 sessions spread over 20 days as I was moving out etc. do those sessions count?)
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    In the first month I only lost about 5 inches overall (waist, hips, bust, thighs, arms, but 11lbs) but I'm on my last day today (day 63) and will be taking my measurements in a few days. Month 2 is where all the magic happened for me.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    )
    (also prior to starting insanity I did above 9 sessions spread over 20 days as I was moving out etc. do those sessions count?)

I would not count them. If you did the formula right and substracted 500 calories from it, you should lose 1 pound per week. How far are you into the program?
  • kayladawn31
    Options
    Speaking of Insanity, today will be my 3rd day on the program. My question is...how many calories do you typically lose during each session?
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Speaking of Insanity, today will be my 3rd day on the program. My question is...how many calories do you typically lose during each session?

roughly 600 calories per workout...but that varies a lot depending on your weight, intensity,etc...
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options

roughly 600 calories per workout...but that varies a lot depending on your weight, intensity,etc...

It also varies a ton on how hard you push yourself and what workout you're doing. My first time doing the Fit Test (day 1) I only burned about 250 cals. Then It could vary between 300-550 for month one workouts. Recovery week I burned about 350-450 because I was pushing a little harder each week because I was stronger. Month 2 during Max Interval I burned about 700 each time, Max Plyo is about 650, Circuit Training about 550. It varies A LOT person to person and day to day.
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    )

I would not count them. If you did the formula right and substracted 500 calories from it, you should lose 1 pound per week. How far are you into the program?

I'm currently on day 11, so if i'm not counting the previous sessions, I'm not really that far into it
  • mountaingirl1961
    mountaingirl1961 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So... for you guys just getting going with Insanity... how much did you suck at it when you first started? Are you seeing any improvement with your capability to keep up?

I'm getting through the workouts but good Lord they're hard! I can't come close to getting the amplitude on my jumps or keeping up with a lot of the moves. Later in the workouts I just... stop. I can get started again but boy do I need a break.

Today was day 3 for me (cardio power and resistance). I found it easier than yesterday's plyo circuit cardio, but it was still a brute.

I am using a Bodymedia Fit to let me know what I'm burning. I like what the little graph is showing me after the workout. Apparently I'm working hard, which is good to see.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You will suck at it when you start, in the middle and at the end.. just a little bit less each time. Don't measure yourself by what they are doing on the screen, although notice that the marathon runner and spin instructor are bonking out too. Watch your heart rate and know that you are going to the max in your safe zone and push yourself as hard as you can ... safely... and it will get easier. Then you'll start month 2 and it will be like that all over again :)
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    It gets easier? :o
    Now there is something I find hard to believe! hehehehehe

I'm actually really worried about month 2, because during the level one drills I can only do about one push up....as I can't really do push ups. ofc I mae it the best push up I can. I just don't seem to have the upper body strength yet
  • majii13
    majii13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I'm actually really worried about month 2, because during the level one drills I can only do about one push up....as I can't really do push ups. ofc I mae it the best push up I can. I just don't seem to have the upper body strength yet

You probably don't want to hear about Level 3 drills then...
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.5cm at day 15 no pounds
    By day 19 I had gone from 3 press ups to 9.

I am having to re start this week just to a foot injury.
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    Did you loose 4.5 cm a day from day one or did it take a while for that effect

I'm not really getting how to do push-ups. I think I might go visit the local trainer to get a days teaching on push-ups (seriously...watching me do a push up is beyond amusing!)
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options

You probably don't want to hear about Level 3 drills then...

There is a level higher than level one....:'( noooooo mercy. lol
  • mountaingirl1961
    mountaingirl1961 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Did you loose 4.5 cm a day from day one or did it take a while for that effect

I'm not really getting how to do push-ups. I think I might go visit the local trainer to get a days teaching on push-ups (seriously...watching me do a push up is beyond amusing!)

We do a *lot* of pushups in CrossFit, although a little differently from the ones Shaun T wants us to do. We go all the way to the floor rather than hovering a couple of inches above. Hard to cheat the depth when your chest is required to touch the floor. Sometimes, just to make the point, the trainer will throw in "hands free" pushups, meaning that your hands have to leave the floor for a split second when your chest is down. REALLY can't cheat those.

They're a progression. Start with your knees on the ground rather than your toes - the "girl pushups" from high school. BUT (critical BUT) - keep your body in a plank position. Don't cheat yourself by sticking your butt in the air. So what if you can only start out doing three of them. I did. Now I can crank out 200 of them (from my toes, not my knees) in a WOD if I have to. It sucks and it takes a while, but it can be done.

Nobody hated pushups more than I did. Now they're just another exercise.
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    Okay, cool. I shall try those out :)

Thanks for the help :)

Also I just realised 4.5cm at day 15 not every day. lol
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    So I didn't type that clearer :)

I am really happy with the progress I made. In 2 weeks that's nearly 2 inches lost. I cant decide if i'm more happy about that or the fact I can do 9 actual non girly press ups lol. That's huge for me.

I am having to re start week 4 this tuesday, as I injured both feet this week and have barely been able to walk let a lone jump around. I am a little surprised by how much iv missed doing these work outs