Fellow Sushi Lovers Help Me out!

Options
Sorry if this is a silly question but my husband and I eat a lot of sushi!

I have found a lot of info about simple rolls online but I need help figuring out how many calories are in our favorite roll at our awesome local sushi place. I have been budgeting what I feel like is more than enough when we go... but curious to hear you estimates! Thanks so much!!

Here is the restaurant's description “Tuna, yellowtail, tempura crunch, top chopped tuna, scallion, spicy sauce and tobiko”. The roll is quite large and is cut into 10 pieces.

Replies

• mandyreadsbooks88
    Options
    that sounds delicious but sorry I have no clue. Now I am fiending for some sushi though!
  • R3awak3n
    R3awak3n Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i would say btw 400 and 500 calories but its hard to know precisely because you dont know exaclty the amount of every product.. I can tell you though that what is making that roll higher calorie is the tempura and the sauce in close second.

of course this is a guess and might be completely wrong.. I went with the fact that the roll is 10 pieces and not the normal 8 and that a california roll (8 pieces is arround 300 cal)
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I LOVE sushi as well. I always use this site as a guide (http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-calories.htm) they don't have your exact roll, but since yours has tempura in it (and that's what usually adds on the calories) I'd use the Shrimp Tempura Roll as an estimate....which is 508 per roll.
  • mrsf17
    mrsf17 Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks for the site. I had been "budgeting" 600 for it because I know it's not one of the healthier choices so it looks like I was pretty close with my guess.
  • alphasigalum
    Options
    with the tempura and sauces I think you may be looking at 700-800...
  • mrsf17
    mrsf17 Posts: 32
    Options
    Yea that's what I was afraid of. Maybe I can convince the husband to split with me next time & add a much safer cucumber roll or something :)