Frustration

Options
So I have gained 3 pounds in the last 2 days. I know, I know, I shouldn't weigh myself everyday and that weight fluctuates all the time. It's just frustrating to me that I have lost 16 pounds but I have now gained 3 of those 16 pounds back. I have so much to lose and I get discouraged really easy. I know I have to stay strong and just keep trying but somedays, like today, I just feel like giving up. =(

Replies

• AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    So I have gained 3 pounds in the last 2 days. I know, I know, I shouldn't weigh myself everyday and that weight fluctuates all the time. It's just frustrating to me that I have lost 16 pounds but I have now gained 3 of those 16 pounds back. I have so much to lose and I get discouraged really easy. I know I have to stay strong and just keep trying but somedays, like today, I just feel like giving up. =(

Dont get discouraged. You should only weigh yourself once a week hun. Weighing yourself daily only gets you discouraged. Do you think the fluctuation could be water weight? You can do this hun. Chin up. Pick yourself up, dust off your "bruises" and move on. You can do this, there is NO sense in giving up. You are worth trying to get to your weight goal. Think of all you can do. You got the strength dig deep down. When you weight yourself weekly.. and you see that little weight loss, boy does it make you feel great! I have times I about jump up and down on the scales. :flowerforyou:
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    NO,NO,NO don't give up. I am the same way. Its easy to get frustrated and give up BUT then you would give up on ALL the HARD work you have done. Its just not worth it. There are so many reasons why you could have gained. Muscle weights more than fat. That time of the month. Water weight. Maybe you just need to increase your workouts a bit because maybe you hit a plateau. YOU CAN DO IT. It is all up to you. You have the strength. I'm cheering for you.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Its the middle of the week. Weigh yourself Mon and Friday first thing in the morning before you eat with nothing on and after you use the bathroom. If you stress to much or if you have had stress that will make you gain weight and retain water along with other female things
    :-) head up great job keep up the good work and Dont weigh yourself everyday.
  • dcturcotte
    Options
    It's probably water, a lot of people (myself included) retain water like it's nobodies business. A few weeks ago I weighed myself at the gym before my workout and after a 2hr workout and 20 minute steam I lost SIX pounds and I was drinking water during my workout. I didn't even think it was possible.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Don't let it get you down. I seriously only weigh myself once a week...maybe twice. I bet if you wait a week, you'll see at least a 5 pound drop!
  • DanitaM
    DanitaM Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I know you are all right. Its just one of those days I guess.
  • taleci
    taleci Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. Eliminate your salt intake as much as possible, drink lots of water and stay on track. Your scale will start moving in the right direction!
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Please please pretty please do not give up! I have been down to 181lbs for the third time now & am seriously hoping it stays down so if I can continue anyone can. It will DEFINITELY be water weight in my case influenced by medication & arthritis in your case probably hormones. Just think once you have lost more weight it won't bother you so much. Drink plenty of water to flush it through & keep sodium down.