Another Advocate for Lifting Heavy!

Options
EroseT23
EroseT23 Posts: 74 Member
At the beginning of April, my husband and I (finally) joined a gym, so I (finally) got access to lots of weights and was able to (finally) begin lifting heavy.

Side note: heavy is relative! I lift to the point where 8 reps is *barely* manageable with good form for 2-4 sets. Which means, for me, that I'm benching around 65lbs and squatting around 75. In the beginning, I couldn't even lift or squat an empty bar!

Anyway. The point is, my weight has remained the same to the decimal point. BUT. Today I put on a pair of size 8 jeans and they fit perfectly, and at the start of April I was fitting into a tight size 10. Also, my back is MUCH smoother -- no more bra strap rolls. :happy: Not to mention the fact that I'm progressively getting stronger every week.

Reach for those weights, ladies (and guys)! And take measurements! Scales lie. Or at least don't always tell the whole truth.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!