GNC Amplified Whey Protein...ok for women?

Options
Will I bulk up? I think I am working out enough to prevent that.

Replies

• BreytonJay
    BreytonJay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    No. See other posts on bulking. I have at least one serving daily to help get my protein.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    u wont bulk from eating a lot of protein or from lifting, even heavy lifting.

the women who bulk make every effort to do so. we are not genetically predisposed to be bulky- and those who want to be take the right supplements, work their a$$es off in the gym with certain routines, and follow a regiment.

eat protein, lift heavy. you will be fine
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Unless you are taking testosterone, you don't have to worry about bulking up. Lift as heavy as you want and get your protein however you see fit.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yeah, you will totally grow a beard
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Whey protein's just another way of meeting your protein intake goal. You will only gain bulk (muscle or fat) if you're eating over your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). Looking at your diary, you are far from that happening.
  • twinkle941980
    twinkle941980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you...VERY helpful as I wanted to emphasize the muscles I earn. People say tone but I have learned that you either get muscle alot or a little. Than you again ladies. Ummmm where were you able to find my dairy intake in my diary?
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you...VERY helpful as I wanted to emphasize the muscles I earn. People say tone but I have learned that you either get muscle alot or a little. Than you again ladies. Ummmm where were you able to find my dairy intake in my diary?
    On your profile page. You can make it private if you like, by going here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    yeah, you will totally grow a beard

The color beard you grow depends on the flavor, so choose wisely.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    579222_578492978842545_1355433528_n.png
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC Amplified Whey Protein on a pretty regular basis and love it! You'll be fine.... :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

you arent eating anough to gain any muscle what so ever.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options

you arent eating anough to gain any muscle what so ever.

This. Building muscle is mostly based upon what you eat.
  • twinkle941980
    Options
    Ok so where do I find the balance in what I eat to "feed" my muscle that I would like to obtain? At this point I am just going to lose weight and that's it? That's no fun lol.
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ok so where do I find the balance in what I eat to "feed" my muscle that I would like to obtain? At this point I am just going to lose weight and that's it? That's no fun lol.

Drink the protein shake post workoit and you will feed the muscle. That's what I do. Drink it before bedtime to keep night time hunger away.
  • twinkle941980
    Options
    A little back ground....I HAD muscle and I recently got out the Army. So not being forced to do fitness and having to do it on my own, yeah I have started slacking. So now that I am no longer in train, fight, win mode, I want the look I had which is quickly dwindling away (BTW, I was 129 when I was in).