Steady & slow weight loss?

Options
Can you loose still loose weight without exercise? I just started this program & I am currently under doctor's care due to an car accident. So my exercise is none.

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I lost 34lbs without doing a shred of exercise. Caloric deficit is all you need.
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    undoubtadly diet is the main method to lose weight
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Yes... 75% of losing weight is a healthy diet... or rather... healthy eating lifestyle. Pay careful attention to what you put in your mouth and you'll drop weight without exercise... however... it will be faster with exercise... because you need to replace the fat with muscle... which you can't do unless you work out. Good luck!
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. Your body burns calories just from you sitting there doing nothing.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am permanently disabled and while it is happening more slowly than I would like, when I consistently eat well and enough (you can stay heavy eating too little) the weight is coming off. More importantly, the inches are coming off. Sometimes that happens faster. Best to you on your road to recovery and smaller dresses :flowerforyou:
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yes you can lose weight, just remember that you wont just lose fat though, you will also lose muscle mass!
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    As others have said, eating less is the main thing. Exercise just allows you to eat more and still lose the same (or to lose more with the same intake, up to a point). Plus, of course, it improves your fitness and thus your general health - and it helps to minimize muscle loss while dieting. But if you can't exercise for some reason, then worry not - you can still lose weight.
  • Bertie02
    Bertie02 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am right now. I'm in physical therapy for my knee so I've minimized all other activity because I need my knee to heal. If you eat within your calorie range that is given with no exercise you'll lose weight. In a way I'm kind of glad I'm not able to exercise like I normally would, because this has given me a chance to focus on my food. I've been trying new recipes and food combinations to see what satisfies me. Now that its been almost a month I want to add in the exercise, but I had a minor set back with my knee and it might be a while longer before I can do that.

Good Luck!
  • angelatjones16
    Options
    Thanks guys for the advice & words of encouragement!!!
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    As an older female, I had come to a point where I could no longer lose weight with diet alone. So I incorporated exercise, which led to weight loss, as well as other benefits too numerous to mention. My great fear is that one misplaced step could lead to an injury preventing exercise, and the weight would creep back on. I'm a bit neurotic about it! Good luck to you on your weight loss journey.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    TDEE - 20% = weight loss
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 45 pounds sitting in a wheelchair unable to stand up, let alone exercise, for months after surgery. Just stick to your calorie target and you will lose weight!

Best of luck! :flowerforyou: