I'm ready. Let's do it. I need this.

Options
My name is Jennifer,

and I'm ready to change my life. As a child, I was diagnosed with premature arthritis. I am anemic. My blood pressure at its absolute highest level was 100 / 60. I have 52 heart beats per minute on average AFTER doing heavy lifting. I use homeopathic remedies for things because my body is too sensitive to chemicals.

I was told at 12 years old that I would be too sick to work out, too sick to do anything taxing, too sick for everything. That I would be overweight and die by the time I was 40 from something like a heart attack. There was no medication I was able to take because my body turns whatever they give me into illness, to the point where I can't be around people who are heavily medicated - I throw up.

I also have an extreme anxiety issue, likely caused by my fluctuating hormone levels. You can imagine that this wreaks havoc on my immune system as well as my weight.

I cannot walk into an air conditioned room without my muscles cramping up, or without becoming nauseated.

Because of my lack of blood flow, my limbs fall asleep very quickly, and I have a terrible memory. Worse than terrible, actually.

In any case, I believe doctors can be wrong, and I immediately began fixing myself. At the beginning of my freshman year in high school I weighed 240 lbs. I am now 22 years old, and weigh 180. It's been a slow process, but I am working towards it.

I do still get sick if I am around people who are on medication, and I still am unable to take medication or hormone injections for my anxiety. Whatever, I believe in getting over things.

I do not smoke, I do not drink, I just want to lose some weight and be healthy.

My goal weight is 140.
My goal blood pressure is Normal.
My goal is to continue to prove my doctor wrong.
My goal is to be healthy, happy, and to be someone my future children can look up to.
Oh, and to have a really nice butt. Don't laugh at me. XD
And, I really just don't want to die when I'm 40. XP

Replies

• Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    aww what a touching story. and woohoo for you! for making a change even after all the negative talk from your doc.. you can do it!!!
  • Birlioz
    Birlioz Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks! I plan on it. : 3
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    you're had your share of challenges you can certainly do this! I wish you good health and a successful journey. Take care