Hey guys! Newbie here..

Options
Hello! Let's get the introductions out of the way...I'm Brittani, your average hardworking 23 yr old from Texas. I began my weight loss journey about 5 years ago when I was a Senior in high school. Being on the dance team I was under a LOT of pressure to be thin, so I started starving myself in order to shed the lbs. After a year of battling anorexia and bulimia, I was down close to 40 lbs, but my family started to catch on and I was rehabilitated. I gained it all back and much more in less than a year, reaching my highest weight (245 lbs) and I really just hated myself. I decided to get back into shape, but the right way this time..eating healthier, working out but not overdoing it, and generally just trying to be healthier overall. I started walking back and forth to my waitressing job (close to 6 mi round trip), so I was on my feet constantly and the weight just seemed to fall off, I was 186 lbs, the lowest I had been since high school. I loved what I was seeing, and even after falling off the bandwagon this past year, I only gained 10 of those lbs back.

I'm now more motivated than ever and just started my workout routine (and eating right, of course) about a month ago. I've lost 12 lbs in 4 wks without over working or starving myself. I currently weigh 186, my goal being 145 (a healthy weight for my 5'8 frame).

Anyways, now that all of that is out of the way, I'd love to get to know yall! :)

Replies

• marc8686
    marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've come a long way, you even look good at your current weight. MFP is a great support system, also reach out to your friends and family for accountability. Good stuff!
  • Hotdawgnothotdog
    Hotdawgnothotdog Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm glad you battled back from anorexia and now overweight- ness. I'm 5'7, about 194, so we're similar. Feel free to friend me!
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    Thanks guys! It's been a very long journey, and not many people can say they have battled an eating disorder and won. Im usually pretty private about my past, but I know as with any kind of recovery, honesty and openess is key. Besides, its something I can finally be proud of. I still have a journey ahead of me, but as I said before, I'm motivated and seeing how far I've come..it'll be a piece of cake....figuratively speaking of course :P
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Hey Newbie (heh, word rhymes with boobie), welcome to MFP!
  • BASIMAHAMINAH
    Options
    HELLO

BRITTANI I'M GLAD UR LOSING WEIGHT THE RIGHT WAY.. I HAD A GOOD DAY AT WRK BUT DID BAD FOR DINNER DISAPPOINTED AT MYSELF..
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story; good luck on your fitness journey. Feel free to add me if you want. :smile:

8488541.png
  • SpunkBean
    SpunkBean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love how open you are about your past. You've already come a long way! Feel free to add me :)