New to MFP...Excited to be here..need to shed 20lbs!

Options
Hello everyone... in my 30s and have been in the 170-176 range for the past 2 years (eeerrrrgg) been active at my gym for 3 years (i think all i did was maintain the weight instead of actually losing it!) and am looking to eat better and find exercises that will actually help me lean up and build some muscle..not all crazy..just want to thin out a bit. I have lost a lil over 3 lbs since starting last week...Just wanted to introduce myself and say alot of you guys look great! Yes sorry ive been lurking the past week lol.

Replies

• skelton82
    skelton82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I am quite new to MFP and have only been taking my fitness seriously since April this year. I am 31 and a stay at home I was 140 at the beginning of April and decided to actually make an effort to loose the 20 lb I had been hiding in my supper tight super big spandex pants! so I have been slogging it out to various Jillian Michaels dvds currently the 6 week 6 pack challenge and my own tailored butt lift challenge. I am kind of curious to see how fit I can get now so I am planning on saving for the P90X for September as I want to finish thinning out and build core and muscle strength as well as stamina. My " one day when I am finally fit" ambition is to run a half marathon so this is the start of my new life. Hope you get on well with your progress. Happy to be friended if you want fellow support. M
  • Brandyyee
    Brandyyee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! sounds like you are doing all the right things! I added you as a friend :) hope we reach out goals healthy & happily! lol. So happy to have found MyFitnessPal!
  • merissa87
    merissa87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 25 and a full time med student. Im getting married in September and would like to lose 20 lbs as well. I've been working out and dieting since April but haven't really gotten anywhere with my efforts :( Its crunch time! I'm 159 and hoping to get down to 140 :)