GUYS-Rant/Vent/Other?

Options

Replies

• Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    A good BJ usually does the trick for mine. He says it's the best stress reliever ever.... :huh:

yea I used to bring out the knee pad alot the first cpl years..now its my new years and his bday..nothin wrong with his hand.

Too bad for him... I would do it to my guy all the time no matter how long we would be together
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    My way of relieving stress is not common but I like to work in the grapes, hoping on the tractor throwing some tunes on and just zoning out but any work out there can do it for me. My greatest stress is people (stupid users asking stupid questions I just want to slam their heads off the desk) the grapes don't ask questions they don't want the impossible. I also don't put up with people outside of work who nag or ***** at me, probably a reason why I don't have a girlfriend / wife

This sparked an interesting thought. Most stresses seem to be brought about by human interaction. Really had never thought about it that way before.

In our society most stress is brought on by human interaction but in others where security and basic needs are not available I would speculate that their stress from human interaction would be much less important. You could think that some one complaining is not really stressful when you don't have food shelter or safety. We also have more communication opportunities via technology i.e. Internet, phone, even regular mail delivery which would in turn mean that we have to more relationships that our brains never evolved with even dense population centers (cities) would increase the amount of relationships we have to manage.

I am not a Luddite by any stretch of the imagination I think that the advances we make technologically are much more beneficial then detrimental but I believe that we do have a limitation to the amount of relationships that we can manage, technology does help us increase that amount and in the future we will continue to increase the amount. You could think about how we lived just 4000 years ago a person may have had a dozen or two dozen relationships, 200 years ago small towns compared to today with slow travel opportunities a average person may have relations with 100 people but today we have 100's just through work alone, millions and even possibly billions through the internet.

Yes, both good and bad occur with the more technological advances that society makes in general. You're right. Taking the time to learn about how other, less developed society's must struggle for survival would probably induce and appreciation that would make one forget about more superflous 'stresses.' Nothing like appreciation to cure that. Though daily doses may be needed.
  • chaimcoon
    chaimcoon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I will vent to my wife if my day is really ****ty, usually tho i'll just sit in the car w/ Metallica (pre-Black Album) turned ALL THE WAY UP
  • xstarxdustx
    Options
    I will vent to my wife if my day is really ****ty, usually tho i'll just sit in the car w/ Metallica (pre-Black Album) turned ALL THE WAY UP

Music-Nice!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    If I can do something about it, I do. If I can't, I just try to get over it. If it continues stressing me, I will tell someone about it, which usually does the trick.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Woke with a curious thought this morning. Guys don't rant/vent as much as some females do (-hand raise to this-), then what DO YOU DO when your stressed/bugged by something?

We do manly things. Like sending the women back to kitchen. Stress gone.
  • xstarxdustx
    Options
    Woke with a curious thought this morning. Guys don't rant/vent as much as some females do (-hand raise to this-), then what DO YOU DO when your stressed/bugged by something?

and if she comes back out with a cast iron raised, then what'd you do?
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I workout. Usually heavy lifting or hard cardio. And I do mean HARD cardio.

I struggle with HARD cardio. I keep bumping into the front of the treadmill.

:laugh:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

and if she comes back out with a cast iron raised, then what'd you do?

Use it to send her back inside. This is 'Murica! We have freedom to send our women back to the kitchen!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    We don't let stupid crap bother us nearly as much.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Wait, this isn't a spin on bang/marry/avoid?

I am disappoint.
  • direjohnson
    direjohnson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    They jerk off..Ive heard
    Those that do only do it to your picture so I've heard.

that's fakkin creepy
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    We just listen to one rant/vent/complain session from a woman and go 'man, I never want to be like that'.

LOL

When my husband and I are stressed or irate we have sex (with each other, just to clarify). sweating the stress that way is the best!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m2jo72jfSc1qdo29qo1_400.gif
  • xstarxdustx
    Options
    We don't let stupid crap bother us nearly as much.

I know. That's one kind of envy I'll admit to.
  • felicityblu
    felicityblu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    lol yep nothing like a bit of stress relief then a nap!
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    They jerk off..Ive heard

Surprised much??
  • moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    First, I'm usually able to let go of most things. ****ty day at work? I don't bring it home with me... I leave it at work. Kids driving me crazy? Step outside for a few minutes, take a deep breath, calm myself down, remind myself that they are in fact children, crisis averted.

If I can't let something go for whatever reason, I workout. I workout for a lot of other reasons too, but it's one of the best stress-busters I know of.

But when you have to return to the stuff again, you don't feel the same way all over again? Ability to let go of things and not emotionally rant, being part of the minority on a site in regard to the opposite gender, the 'guy code,' man I think I'm really missing out here..........

No, for the most part. Dudes can get in a damn knock-down, drag-out fist fight, and then be hanging out the next day. Once you've let it go, it's gone.
  • xstarxdustx
    Options
    First, I'm usually able to let go of most things. ****ty day at work? I don't bring it home with me... I leave it at work. Kids driving me crazy? Step outside for a few minutes, take a deep breath, calm myself down, remind myself that they are in fact children, crisis averted.

If I can't let something go for whatever reason, I workout. I workout for a lot of other reasons too, but it's one of the best stress-busters I know of.

But when you have to return to the stuff again, you don't feel the same way all over again? Ability to let go of things and not emotionally rant, being part of the minority on a site in regard to the opposite gender, the 'guy code,' man I think I'm really missing out here..........

No, for the most part. Dudes can get in a damn knock-down, drag-out fist fight, and then be hanging out the next day. Once you've let it go, it's gone.

Seriously? Okay, going to aspire to this from now on. Really. :D
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    A good BJ usually does the trick for mine. He says it's the best stress reliever ever.... :huh:

yea I used to bring out the knee pad alot the first cpl years..now its my new years and his bday..nothin wrong with his hand.

The good old bait and switch, poor guy.

I keep telling my friends why get in an exclusive relationship where you stop getting all the things you want to get. A lot of marriages are like the mouse trap, you get pulled in with the cheese but there is no more cheese and then you die, lol.