Question about heart rate (possibly for women?)

Options
crista_b
crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
I'm new to using an HRM, and I noticed that my heart rate was a lot higher than normal today. Normally I don't get into "the range" until I start to pick up the pace at the end of my warm up, and I'm in the mid-160s (the very top end of my range, 127-167) when I run. Today the second I started my warm up, I was in the 130s, and the whole time I was running it was floating between 185-190. I had some cramps today and am just about at TOM so I'm just wondering if that usually affects heart rate like this or if this is a random thing?

And before anyone says "Don't worry," I'm not worried, just curious. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• laurabelle2013
    Options
    I haven't noticed this myself...
    Did you google it?
  • crista_b
    Options
    I did, but there were conflicting answers so I just thought I'd ask the people here if that would be the cause or if anyone knows why else my heart rate might have been so much higher than normal or if it's random.
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I notice from day to day my can fluctuate especially if my blood pressure is a little higher than normal or I am just more stressed or tired. I would definitely have it checked out if it continues to concern you.

Good Luck!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I notice from day to day my can fluctuate especially if my blood pressure is a little higher than normal or I am just more stressed or tired. I would definitely have it checked out if it continues to concern you.

Good Luck!

^^This. Heart rate variability is a sign of stress.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yes, I notice my heart rate is higher when I am on my TOM, especially if it is heavy or I am experiencing cramps. I have run the first day of both my current tom and last month's. I have not noticed change before though, just once it actually starts.
  • crista_b
    Options

Good Luck!

^^This. Heart rate variability is a sign of stress.
    Interesting. It may be a combo of TOM and stress then. We have a few huge projects starting at work and I'm the project manager, and I'm getting kind of stressed about them. Thanks for the info!
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My heart rate anytime I try and jog/run above 4.5 is also in that range. I'm told it's normal, but it does seem a bit concerning.