Loosing hope :(

Options
so i thought i was doing great. i was losing weight (7lbs), i was exercising, eating better food and portions, and feeling better.
people have been telling me that i havent been eating enough calories :(
im losing hope because i was so confident in myself and now i have to count all type of grams in food
"youre not eating enough of this or that"
its getting too complicated and my mood is spiraling downward

thought i was doing great....guess not
:(

please feel free to take a look at my diaries

Replies

• boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I just pm'd you a bunch of info :S lol
  • crystalroselynn
    crystalroselynn Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i know but i still feel unsure of myself and its still complicated. i think i may join a place that gives me my meals
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    It's really as simple as eating your calorie goal. Ignore your protein, fat, carbs etc for now. Just eat your calorie goal. You want it to be as close to 0 as possible most days. Once you're able to do that easily you can worry about tinkering with how much protein or fat or carbs you're eating. Until then keep it simple. Eat "Your Daily Goal".
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Don't cop out. put on your big girl pants and start learning. Yes it can be confusing, but so is the multiplication table and I'll bet you figured that out. You are doing fine, under eating a little in my opinion. However, don't take my opinion......or anyone else's. Start reading and learning and "know" the answers, or ask questions on here. But please don't play the drama it's too hard I'm gonna quit card.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    It's really as simple as eating your calorie goal. Ignore your protein, fat, carbs etc for now. Just eat your calorie goal. You want it to be as close to 0 as possible most days. Once you're able to do that easily you can worry about tinkering with how much protein or fat or carbs you're eating. Until then keep it simple. Eat "Your Daily Goal".

^^^^^^^^this, all of this^^^^^^^^^^
  • jkirby79
    jkirby79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Don't loose hope! Tighten it back up!

It's really all about making a plan and doing your best to stick with it regardless of how many times you fall off the wagon.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Don't loose hope! Tighten it back up!

It's really all about making a plan and doing your best to stick with it regardless of how many times you fall off the wagon.

Great response.... This for the win....
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    This - apply the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid). The rest will follow when the time is right.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I did look at your diary and I also agree you need to eat a little more. Not 1000 calories more...just a little. And do that consistently unless calorie cycling is your intent.

The time you invest in losing weigh is an investment in your life. It wont make you rich but it will give you a great return for your effort. It takes a little discipline but its worth it. Its taken me over a year to lose the weight I have so far. If I had given up, I wouldn't be where I am . And I am far from perfect. You just have to want it more than anything. Do you?
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Get knocked down seven times get up eight. You have to move past the mind set of not accomplishing anything because making an effort is enough!!! Its a tough journey but your a tough person just please dont give up you got this!!! :)
  • Jaceface27
    Jaceface27 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Everyone that has posted above have great insight.

Just remember-- you can do it! Why would you give up hope? You've just started your journey into having a healthy lifestyle and have lost 7 lbs! That's such an accomplishment! Stay near/under your calorie goal and keep exercising. Once you're in the habit of doing those things, then start really analyzing what you're eating and seeing how you can enhance your diet even more.

:-) If Luke had given up, he never would've became a Jedi now, would he? lol!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Don't cop out. put on your big girl pants and start learning. Yes it can be confusing, but so is the multiplication table and I'll bet you figured that out. You are doing fine, under eating a little in my opinion. However, don't take my opinion......or anyone else's. Start reading and learning and "know" the answers, or ask questions on here. But please don't play the drama it's too hard I'm gonna quit card.
    tumblr_inline_mjejfkndvN1qz4rgp.gif
    Yes, yes, all of this!

The information is out there, all over the boards at MFP. The role models and inspiration are here too. Search, ask, read, look at pics, find those who are doing it right, long term, keeping it off.

DON'T quit, because that will get you nothing but back to square one or worse, regaining the 7lbs you've already lost (hello - progress?! How do you lose hope over a 7lbs loss??). You can do it!
  • kristle_stewart
    kristle_stewart Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling healthier and losing weight. Way to go! Everyone has their own opinions. I suggest that you do some research and do what works for you. And delete the people that are making you feel bad.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

This. Don't worry about all the details right now. Those are for fine tuning your losses, and only become important as you get close to your goal weight. For now, make sure you log everything and keep your remaining calories as close to 0 as you can. People are trying to be helpful, but it can be information overload. The calorie deficit is the important part for now.
  • BlackBeltInTraining
    BlackBeltInTraining Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are positively beautiful, girl! Hang in there, Ok? I know it is hard now, I'm struggling myself, but hang in there. From here things can only get better, right? The hardest part is figuring out that you have a problem, the easiest part is trying to solve it. I took a look at your diaries and this is what I noticed, there was a large amount of sodium that you were in taking. What I suggest is that you try to have a LOT less sodium and try to also drink a little bit more water if possible. The catch with sodium is that it retains water, so you may be losing water but retaining water weight.

Once again, hang in there. You've got this! You are beautiful and if you ever need any help or someone to listen, feel free to send me a message. I'm here to help.

Another quick add on, try and spread out your food. If your goal is 1,500 calories don't spread it with one 500 cal breakfast, one 500 cal lunch, and one 500 cal dinner. Try to have one 500, two 300's, and 400 calories spread out as snacks throughout the day. Snacks help to keep up your metabolism :)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    i know but i still feel unsure of myself and its still complicated. i think i may join a place that gives me my meals

Are they going to give you your meals for the rest of your life?? You're going to have to learn eventually or you'll always struggle.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

Exactly. This will be as long and involved of a learning process as you want it to be in the long run....but there is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping it simple, either. Eat your calories. Less in than out. Some moderate exercise is a great start, too. And every day is new.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Don't lose hope! It is definitely an adjustment and a lot of new information to wade through, but you can do it! I agree with everyone else - don't stress about your macros for now. My macros are rarely perfect. For now, just focus on the big picture, which is calories. Try to eat as close to your calorie goal as possible and eat back some of your exercise calories. You've been doing great so far, and if you stick with it, you'll see plenty of progress!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I've lost 85lbs by counting calories, exercise and using MFP to log it all. I never worried with the macros and all that. I did change my eating ways....less fast food, more cooked meals with fruits and veggies. You can do this with calorie counting alone. Do not give up. Just do your research and see what will work for you. It's all a #'s game.....Calories and calories out.