Day One - Getting Started

Options
Alright, I've been on MyFitnessPal for almost two years I feel and have made multiple different profiles and started over so many times. It's really getting old and I feel like I can't stick to my commitment. Every time I go off the wagon, I go way over board and binge on any food I can. I feel like I don't have any control when I'm not counting my calories but when I am I feel in control. But after a while counting gets old and I go off again.

If there are any members out there that have the same problem please feel free to add me. I need members who will keep me accounted for and won't let me go off track. If you see me doing something wrong, please tell me and help me get back on the wagon. When I go over on my calories I feel like everything is lost. I can't seem to just forget it and move on. I always have to start over and that gets annoying for me and probably all the friends I have on here.

I want this time to be my last time, I don't want to start over. I want to do this and lose the weight and be happy with myself. I want to feel comfortable around my friends and not feel like I'm fat.

So, if there is anyone out there going through the same situation or just want to be a motivational friend. Please add me!

Thank you for reading this if you got this far. Happy Thursday everyone!

Ayla :)

Replies

• Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I can't make you do the program you want to do. But I can lead you by example and I have no issues telling you what I think you can do better in. I don't sugarcoat.

I have been here for 80 days plus and down 33 pounds.
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    I know it's hard...but try to avoid the "all or nothing" "black or white" mentality. Strive for progress, not perfection. I have been at this since mid January...and I can tell you I've had many days where I went over my calories. I've had a few days where I was out of town and didn't log at all. BUT...I got right back to it as soon as I was back in town. On the days I went over on my calories? I was double motivated to make sure I didn't go over the next day. One single day or meal isn't going to ruin your success...but all or nothing thinking will. I have been there and learned the hard way. Sometimes good enough is good enough!
  • cassiek0lba
    cassiek0lba Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    " try to avoid the "all or nothing" "black or white" mentality. Strive for progress, not perfection"

couldn't have said it better myself.
    I'm just starting out as well. I have a lot of the same problems, we can help each other :)
  • bossladyjackpot
    bossladyjackpot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I could post the exact same thing! Let's do this thing. I've got 20 pounds to drop.