New here...hi everyone!:)

Options
evt84
evt84 Posts: 71 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm kind of new here! I joined last week and I've been lurking...just wanted to introduce myself!

I'm 29, married, with a beautiful 18 month old daughter!

Decided to start Insanity last week and I'm currently on day 11 and can already see and feel a difference. Not looking to lose much weight (5-10lbs) but mainly to tone and get some muscle and definition--and also get my diet balanced out to a point where I can eat what I want, but still stay within the recommended ranges for losing/maintaining.

Excited to meet new people who are on the same journey! :)

Replies

• evt84
    Options
    anyone....anyone...? ;)
  • baristagirl7
    baristagirl7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Insanity is a great program:) You should really make sure you're eating the right kinds of foods. and Also enough calories.
    You want to lose but tone. So maybe incorporate some weights too! Like Les Mils Pump. I am super excited about The brand New T25 Program by shawn T! Just came out:) Add me as a friend I will help motivate you:)
  • evt84
    Options
    Hi there! Insanity is a great program:) You should really make sure you're eating the right kinds of foods. and Also enough calories.
    You want to lose but tone. So maybe incorporate some weights too! Like Les Mils Pump. I am super excited about The brand New T25 Program by shawn T! Just came out:) Add me as a friend I will help motivate you:)

Sending you a request! And yes, I am excited about T25 also!! I'm going to see how I do with the rest of Insanity and then I will probably transition to that since 25 minutes out of my day seems a lot more bearable than 40-60, especially with an 18 month old! :)

I'm working on making sure I'm getting enough calories. That's where I'm struggling...it's a lot of trial and error!
  • ChaseMeier
    ChaseMeier Posts: 52
    Options
    I haven't done insanity myself, but a guy I work with did it and he lost like 15-20 lbs. He has continued to lose weight since the first 90 days I think it is. So, yes that is a great program I hear. Welcome and may your work outs be sweaty.
  • evt84
    Options
    I haven't done insanity myself, but a guy I work with did it and he lost like 15-20 lbs. He has continued to lose weight since the first 90 days I think it is. So, yes that is a great program I hear. Welcome and may your work outs be sweaty.

It's been a great program so far--but then again I'm only on Day 11! I think I'm still in the excited honeymoon phase...haha...I'm sure I'll get to the point where I dread it, but for now--it's great!

And yes...my workouts are sooo sweaty! Getting ready to head home and sweat some more right now!
  • cassiek0lba
    cassiek0lba Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do insanity when I'm a bit lighter and more in shape, I think if i tried it now, it'd kill me!
    Good luck and keep it up!
  • Soyajam
    Soyajam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Insanity sounds utterly terrifying.

(Particularly to a exercise phobe like myself)
  • sexydeer123
    sexydeer123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm new as well
    Name is Christine and have 3 older boys and a big honey bunny. I got on this site
    to lose weight and try to get motivated by others. I am a small frame woman that
    has no muscle tone what so ever. Need to lose fat and gain muscle so I can live
    better getting older everyday. Husband and son go to Gym mostly every day. I
    don't go cause I need inspiration and I'm lazy lol..
  • Mayor86
    Mayor86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My name is Akeem, I’m from Atlanta GA home of that good ol southern cooking. I’m 27 years old ex-smoker standing 6’3 @ 235 and my goal is to drop down to 195 which is where my doctors say I should be, whatever that means… Anyways I’m new to this fitbit thing and I saw y’alls group and it seems like a place to call home. Well I just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to talk to y’all again soon.

Love Peace and good Health

Akeem aka The Mayor
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    Hey girl! Just finished my second round of Insanity. AMAZING program. Welcome :)
  • evt84
    Options
    I'd love to do insanity when I'm a bit lighter and more in shape, I think if i tried it now, it'd kill me!
    Good luck and keep it up!

It is so intense!! I could barely walk the first week I did it...my calves hurt so bad!! But, I guess that's how I can tell it's working...right? Haha, I will keep telling myself that!!
  • chaznap
    chaznap Posts: 20
    Options
    im insane add me if you want very supportive here
  • evt84
    Options
    Hey girl! Just finished my second round of Insanity. AMAZING program. Welcome :)

lilcassers -- YESS!! So glad to hear you've done Insanity! (TWICE!? WOW!) You look INCREDIBLE and thank you for adding me--you'll be a motivator for me during this journey...I want your stomach! (In a totally non-creepy way of course!)

Are you going to try the new T25?
  • baristagirl7
    baristagirl7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Sending you a request! And yes, I am excited about T25 also!! I'm going to see how I do with the rest of Insanity and then I will probably transition to that since 25 minutes out of my day seems a lot more bearable than 40-60, especially with an 18 month old! :)

I'm working on making sure I'm getting enough calories. That's where I'm struggling...it's a lot of trial and error!

Awesome! Well if you want to be in my ONLINE FB group when you decide to get T25 let me know!
    You'd be perfect for our group!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a great workout! Welcome to MFP. Add me if you like!