Coming Out of Hiding - NSV

Options
chankanaab07
chankanaab07 Posts: 48 Member
This is the NSV I'd like to share: getting involved in the MFP community with my first post on a message board.

I've been on this journey to better health since February 2012, using MFP since May 2013 (why didn't I start sooner?!). Browsing these boards almost daily, I've found great inspiration reading about everyone's successes and struggles. I admire everyone's candidness and the way you all support each other. In a world that so often tries to tear you down, this safe haven where people build you up is such a wonderful thing.

I figured it's time to stop lurking and start participating. :) So Hi! My name is Amy, and I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

Replies

• hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    Welcome Amy. I have enjoyed this site not only the great success stories but also the support and great information!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hello Amy and welcome!!
  • StrivingSagittarius
    Options
    Hi! I am pretty new to this too. I really wish I would have found it a long time ago....the inspiration alone is amazing. I always felt like I did not eat a lot until I started logging it and realized just how many calories I was putting in my mouth scary! Welcome and good luck on your journey.
  • chankanaab07
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone. I am excited to be more active here.
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome, from a fellow (semi-) lurker!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy ;-) nice to meet you and wish you all the best:flowerforyou:
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy. Welcome to the boards. :)
  • doltonehouse
    doltonehouse Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy.
    From one fellow lurker to another, welcome :)
  • chankanaab07
    Options
    Haha - glad to know I wasn't the only lurker :) Thanks for the warm welcome!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Run away now, before you get stuck in chit chat....
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome :happy:
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    No kidding! The discussion boards can be addictive!! Best of luck!!
  • kimberlypayne
    kimberlypayne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome from yes, another lurker. Although I rarely comment or post, MFP'ers have given me more inspiration and support than they will ever know. By just allowing me to read their posts and be given the opportunity to follow them on their journey's I feel connected to people that not only share my struggles but feel my successes. Thank you MFP'ers
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy! You're doing great so far! I don't know how you stayed away from the message boards for so long, I got sucked in right away! I stay away from the negative and "singles" stuff and stick with the motivational threads.

I log everything I eat and try to exercise 30 mins every day. I have an open diary & I'm here for the long haul. Feel free to add me!
  • TabbiKat15
    TabbiKat15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello Amy! :flowerforyou:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    hi, amy :) welcome to the dark side!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy! Welcome!!
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    welcomeeee!
  • gensetherfree
    Options
    welcome amy. x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!