any other not-that-heavy girls trying to lose more weight?

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think it's nice that everyone wants to feed me, especially my family, it makes them happy. My aunt always wants to take me out for a steak. It's great once in awhile, but we are going to spend five days with my inlaws July 28-Aug 1, it will be all about eating. I am at my goal weight today, but we'll see where I am when I get back.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    ^^ congrats for hitting your goal weight!!!! :happy:

Other than"the weight I was before" how did you ladies pick your goal and what body changes are you specifically seeking? I just want slimmer thighs at this point, but maybe it will take more pounds than I think to be satisfied...:ohwell:
  • kayleigh333
    kayleigh333 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm 5"7 and 153, which puts me near the top of the healthy range. I don't feel healthy though, and when I moan my boyfriend calls me porky and wobbles my belly fat, which he thinks is funny but it makes me feel disgusting. He thinks I'm just being over sensitive and can't take a joke, but he just doesn't understand.

I only joined MFP three days ago and I'm not sure what my target weight should be, but I want to be able to fit in to a UK size 10 (currently a large UK 12) but I don't want to lose my boobs as they're my best feature lol :)
  • maddox22
    maddox22 Posts: 91
    Options
    I didn't read every post, so maybe someone already mentioned this, but for those of you struggling with EDs, I recommend something-fishy.org. It's a support website for all eating disorders (including the lovely ED-NOS, which ruined my life for several years). The people over there are really great, and there are a lot of good resources. They can help you recover.
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I didn't read every post, so maybe someone already mentioned this, but for those of you struggling with EDs, I recommend something-fishy.org. It's a support website for all eating disorders (including the lovely ED-NOS, which ruined my life for several years). The people over there are really great, and there are a lot of good resources. They can help you recover.

I think that it is good to mention this. There are disorders out there where someone will think they are fat and ugly, but in reality are unhealthy skinny.

At 5'2 and 135, I would like to be at 120, but I would be happy to be 130 and healthy. (I am pre-diabetic and have borderline cholesterol; but a healthy BMI)
  • cutmd
    Options
    I'm 5"7 and 153, which puts me near the top of the healthy range. I don't feel healthy though, and when I moan my boyfriend calls me porky and wobbles my belly fat, which he thinks is funny but it makes me feel disgusting. He thinks I'm just being over sensitive and can't take a joke, but he just doesn't understand.

I only joined MFP three days ago and I'm not sure what my target weight should be, but I want to be able to fit in to a UK size 10 (currently a large UK 12) but I don't want to lose my boobs as they're my best feature lol :)

Men are fortunate in that they have way less hangups about weight than women do :grumble: If my hubby did that to me I would feel terrible as well.

I think there is such a thing as skinny fat - simply having too high of a body fat percentage. So I would suggest weight training to those of you with normal weights that feel "fat"

I don't think I have an ED, but I appreciate the post as well. Especially as I get closer to goal it starts to become an obsessive thought :noway:
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options

Your BF is a meanie :devil:
    And I agree with this whole fear of losing boobs thing.....that's my favorite thing about being fat. I'm 5'10 and when I'm around 150 pounds my boobs are perfect....when I'm 135-140 I hope they don't go away :grumble:
  • shellishell
    Options
    Bringing this thread back to life....;)

I am 5'3 1/2" and currently at 141....I want to lose down to 127-125...anyone else in my boat? It is so frustrating.....I have lost 4 lbs since 7/26.....after a busy summer of Las Vegas, Amelia Island FL, etc.....145 was on me overnight. I thought I would lose it pretty quicky with logging and watching what I ate....the 1st 2 weeks, I was down 8 lbs!! Then, the weight monster gave me 4 lbs back, which is where I am now. UGH! Two steps forward, 2 steps back......not enjoying the yo-yo effect! I really thought staying under 1200 calories would start makng the weight go down....only 4 lbs in a month frustrates me, so I have started adding exercise...a little bit here and there....started 30-day shred yesterday and I really liked it.....only 20 minutes.....I can spare that!

I would like to hear from those that have only had to lose 15 lbs and succeeded...how long did it take you, what worked for you and did you feel this frustration that I do after 1 month???????

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Shelli in GA :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! It is tough. It really takes time and consistency. I guess I got time, but without consistency it's worthless. I really struggle because I think, I have been good, I deserve this night out drinking or surf and turf dinner, or both;)
    I think I am going to have to really work on nutrition and keep the carbs and fats under control! I just need to get home and get a plan!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started out at 135 and I'm now 120. I totally stalled at 125 for 3 weeks then bumped down a little and stalled at 122 for 6 weeks. I was eating under 1200, not much but always a little, and I never touched my exercise calories. I asked my boyfriend, also on MFP, to look at my reports. He instantly said "you need to eat more". I was sure he was wrong, but I did a little reading around MFP, and decided to give upping my calories a shot. I upped my base calories to 1300 and I started eating almost all my exercise calories. I lost 2lbs this week. From now on I'm going to trust the math, not what I think I know about weight loss, and remind myself that if I knew as much as I thought I did I wouldn't have needed MFP to get to a size 4. Woo Hoo.
  • ryanifer
    ryanifer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel best at 102, but this month I have gained 5 pounds. I hope it is just the edication I am on because I run and lift weights 90 minutes a day 5 days a week. I eat around 1600 calories or more a day. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This is the topic I've been looking for!!! I have 8 pounds to lose to get to my prepregnancy weight (my daughter is 4 1/2 months old and the best thing ever!). . .but I would like to lose at least another 4 or 5 pounds after that. My brother is getting married Thanksgiving weekend, so I'm loving MFP for some extra help and motivation.

I'm still breastfeeding, so right now I'm trying to find a balance between exercise and calorie intake so that I can produce enough milk. . .any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! I started Zumba at home this week and am eating healthier than before.

Thanks to all of your posts that make me feel like it's okay to lose these pounds! :flowerforyou:
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I'm 45, 5'8" and I presently weigh 145, which is healthy. Personally, I'd like to weigh 135. I've found if I take off more than that I look haggard. You know what they say, as you age, you have to choose between your *kitten* and your face.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, 5'8" and I presently weigh 145, which is healthy. Personally, I'd like to weigh 135. I've found if I take off more than that I look haggard. You know what they say, as you age, you have to choose between your *kitten* and your face.

Sally, I'm worried about this too. I'm 40 this november and so far the weight loss has not done much to my face. No one has even noticed I've lost weight, except my honey. I'm going to go for the last 5lbs I've "always dreamed of losing" but if my face starts looking skelitor-ish I'm gain those 5 back and sticking with 120. I'm really happy with how I look now so the extra 5 are just gravy.
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yep. People look at me and say you're tiny, what do you want to lose it for? I used to be tinier and feel happier that way. Its just personal but at the end of the day it doesn't matter that much. As long as I maintain a healthy weight. I can lose a few more pounds and still be in a healthy range!!
  • VivehRainbow
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 116 pounds, you're not the only one (:
  • monicafox
    Options
    Yeah, looks like there is a lot of us here. I am 20 yrs old, 5'4" & 120 lbs. First goal is 116 lbs.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Bump 5ft 6in current weight 127 - want to be 123-125!
  • cutmd
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 116 pounds, you're not the only one (:

Are you at goal or still trying to lose? Unlike many of us here, you are already underweight :huh:

Just asking cause this thread occasionally walks the thin line between healthy losing and eating disorders...
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 years old, 5'1" and 126lbs. Being short makes any extra weight hard to hide. I've been trying to lose these last 10lbs for 3 months. My struggle is eating enough calories everyday. I totally fell off the wagon for about a month this summer because I was so tired of counting calories. Thankfully, I didn't gain during that time. I actually lost a few pounds, (probably muscle) that I gained back once I started exercising again. Now I'm back and totally dedicated. I'm trying to eat 1300 cal. a day hoping that will boost my weight loss. I'm exercising every day so I know I probably need that extra 100 calories. I loved reading this thread because, honestly, nobody wants to hear about you trying to lose the last 10 pounds when you already a size 2/4. So often I've felt alone in this struggle and wondering if I'm nuts to not be happy where I'm at.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and be part of the thread. ;-)