the shirt in your after picture should say 'Just DID It' !! congratulations
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Awesome changes. Well done
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Huge difference! You lost 90lb and 15 years!
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    We started at the same exact place and after a year, we lost the same amount of weight.

Congrats on all your accomplishments. I know it wasn't easy!
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!
  • brahma14
    brahma14 Posts: 37
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Way to go
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I want to thank you all for your comments. I am indeed happier, though a large part of that is thanks to my girlfriend--whom I'd have never met had it not been for my decision to make this life change. It was difficult, but worth every bead of sweat. Good luck to you all.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Wow! Not only do you look younger you look healthier. Keep up the good work of treating your body well.
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    well done mate, great job
  • Datahorde
    Datahorde Posts: 154
    Options
    Dude! Looking great!
  • Alohathin
    Options
    Thanks all. Only 2 pounds to goal weight, but I'm hardly weighing myself any more. Getting a gym membership on Friday to work on muscle recovery and maintenance. Did some bicycle riding on hills, pushups and situps, but not near enough strength training, so I'm still pretty skinny-fat. Can't wait til the transformation is complete. Feel so much better, but less athletic than I was before I got fat.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    stunning man.. nice job!!!
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    Very handsome :) Nicely done!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    wow! awesome
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! You look great!
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Question from another thread: did you continue to drink beer/alcohol? If so, how did you fit it in to 10lbs/month weightloss?
  • Alohathin
    Options
    Question from another thread: did you continue to drink beer/alcohol? If so, how did you fit it in to 10lbs/month weightloss?

Yes, I did continue to drink beer. Just not the vast quantities I used to. I drank because I was depressed. My life in Hawaii has changed that, and I no longer feel the urge to numb myself with alcohol.

In fact, I didn't give anything up completely. I still enjoy burgers and cookies and what not, too. As with anything, moderation and tracking are key.

The other issue is dealing with binges. Three or four times in the last year, I got drunk...drinking my daily allotted calories in beer alone. The key is how you deal with it the next day. Shrug it off. It happened, you had a great time, nothing to kick yourself about. Just get right back on the weightloss wagon. Even if it's two days in a row. Don't let it kill your progress.

That said:

HIT GOAL WEIGHT TODAY!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!