What is a good cardio DVD

Options
What is a good cardio DVD that I can do without having to do any other form of workout along with it. I am looking to burn a lot of calories..

Replies

• alexnguyen78665
    alexnguyen78665 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you should do some strengthening work too to have the best results long-term. I suggest following a program that has both strength and cardio elements. There are some free ones on Youtube like FitnessBlender or BeFit in 90. Supreme 90 is a discontinued DVD program still available at Amazon for forty bucks. I'm going to start on that in August.

If you are determined to look at a single cardio workout available on DVD, try The Biggest Loser Cardio Max or Bob Harper's DVD Cardio Conditioning. Both will get you sweating though I think Cardio Conditioning is tougher (now $5 at Amazon, what a deal).
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    The Firm Super Cardio Mix. It does use hand weights and a step, but it is a great hour long workout. I already had hand weights, and I bought a kitchen step at Walmart, cause I could always use it around the house too:)
  • skese51
    skese51 Posts: 2
    Options
    Insanity. Awesome dvd's
  • MaryStregger
    MaryStregger Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Turbo Fire - the calorie burn was high and it does include some lighter strength training.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Tae bo is an awesome one... and burlesque dancing by jazzercise...
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    look up tabata HIIT on youtube , i just started doing it
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Insanity, TurboFire, or Les Mills Combat.......those are the ones that I love.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I know a good one, its called DVD your *kitten* to the gym

DVD = one time purchase, comfort of your own home, instant access
    Gym = recurring membership fees, gas for your vehicle, time spent driving to and from

Take your pick.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I know a good one, its called DVD your *kitten* to the gym

DVD = one time purchase, comfort of your own home, instant access
    Gym = recurring membership fees, gas for your vehicle, time spent driving to and from

Take your pick.

You actually can't compare a workout at gym with a DVD workout. It's all up to your personal goals.
  • JoesphBiden
    Options
    P90X, Hip Hop Abs and Insanity are great.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a fairly decent, high intensity cardio workout. It's a two month program, during which you will burn a lot of fat (provided you keep up the intensity and eat the proper number of calories), so it might be what you're looking for. It can be done at home with no additional equipment, which makes it appealing to people who don't like the public nature of a gym. That being said, it would certainly be beneficial to start a heavy lifting program once you finished insanity (or whatever cardio dvd you choose) to build muscle and keep your body toned. Insanity is great, but it is not intended to build muscle. I'm almost done with week 4, and I am not doing any other routine right now, but when I finish, I fully intend to start lifting again to build back some of the muscle I'm burning now (even with the best diet, you're likely to burn some muscle along with fat, but a small deficit and healthy diet will minimize muscle loss) and I would recommend that you do the same.
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    Insanity by far, and ive tried a lot of dvd's