Stuck in a rut and not happy about it

Options
Hi everyone,
I finally hit my halfway mark, but now that I'm closer to my goal, my weight loss has slowed to a crawl. Scratch that, it's slowed down to the speed of a sloth trudging through molasses. Seriously. I don't know about anybody else, but I am definitely not a patient person. I want things to keep on going like they have been so I can just get this done and maintain my weight/maybe build some more muscle.
Does anybody have any tips for possibly jump-starting a metabolism, or new workouts, or just something to get going again? I'm just so frustrated that I've been in the same spot for weeks! Plateaus are so frustrating! I'd appreciate any help!

Replies

• kglading
    kglading Posts: 80 Member
    Options
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    May I ask, how slow? Like how many pounds have you lost in the last month.

I've lost 1 pound this past month... I'm close to goal weight though....
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. Just keep doing what you do & be patient.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    It happens. If it continues, try doing something to shake your routine up. I plateaued for six months, so I started doing Insanity. I am still netting the same number of calories, but I have started burning fat again because I changed things up. Be patient. I know it sucks, but the closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it become to keep losing. You just have to buckle down and stick to it.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    As you get fitter and smaller, your body will use less calories to do the same workout. So maybe think about switching up your exercise, doing something more intense, longer or completely different. Plateaus do happen though so don't lose motivation! Good luck! :smile:
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    When I plateau I take a week off and then jump start my wt loss by changing my exercise up and starting with a low cal/fast day - I never usually eat nothing .. but I will take a day and eat fruit instead of meals, drink lots of water and aim for 500-700 calories in that first day. after that I amp up my exercise and bring my calories up to 1400 daily .. seems to help for me :)