Woman dumps cat in garbage, becomes Internet villain

Options
reesepieces
reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
A lady in the UK got caught on CCTV luring a cat and dumping it in the trash can. Wow. I find it harsh, yet quite amusing! :laugh:

Watch it:
http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/08/24/4962403-woman-dumps-cat-in-garbage-becomes-internet-villain?gt1=-43001

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    She didnt get in trouble, because in the UK its perfectly legal to do so
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Amusing? That cat spent 15 hours inside before it's owners found it. She was frightened. It's downright cruel.
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    OMG now that is horrible yet kinda funny!!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    What a psycho! I wish I could catch people doing stuff like that. I can be pretty scary. LOL!
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Amusing? That cat spent 15 hours inside before it's owners found it. She was frightened. It's downright cruel.

I couldn't agree more. There is nothing funny about it. The woman is sick. She was caught on CCTV, which makes me wonder what she may have done in other instances, and just wasn't caught. Yes, I am an animal lover. Yes, I have two cats of my own. But anyone with any sort of compassion and a heart would find this act despicable. It's a life...and she obviously had no regard for it.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options

I agree 100%. It's great to see that people think animal cruelty is funny...
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more. There is nothing funny about it. The woman is sick. She was caught on CCTV, which makes me wonder what she may have done in other instances, and just wasn't caught. Yes, I am an animal lover. Yes, I have two cats of my own. But anyone with any sort of compassion and a heart would find this act despicable. It's a life...and she obviously had no regard for it.

Agreed.

Aren't there studies that show that people who abuse animals tend to move on to humans. Yep, that's funny :sarcasm:
  • MouthyMatthewCHANGED
    Options

Totally agree.

The only thing I find funny about it is that she's become really hated by the vast majority. I'd like to think that what goes around comes around and someone dumps her in a bin for most of the day.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options

ummm no.

She has been interviewed by both the police and the RSPCA who are likely going to prosecute her for cruelty.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    That's just vicious. No decent human being would do that. She should be fined and do community service if not jail time. I am constantly seeing people around me thinking animal cruelty is funny. Just because it's not obvious (Beating a dog, kicking a cat) doesn't mean it's not serious and can have dire repercussions for the creature.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It is not legal in uk to do that to an animal ,that is why she is being hounded out !

I am on loads of different forums and everyone is talking about this ,yet this is the only forum where people have found it amusing !!!! What is amusing about it ? Strange how some peoples minds work !
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

ummm no.

She has been interviewed by both the police and the RSPCA who are likely going to prosecute her for cruelty.

That's good to know
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

ummm no.

One of the stories I read online from the UK site said she had been questioned already but didnt break any laws.. I dont know I just got by what I read online :)
  • DKWaggoner
    DKWaggoner Posts: 185
    Options
    I see nothing amusing or funny about that at all! and it's scary to me that people actually find it funny..Abuse is never funny in any form
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    "She didnt get in trouble, because in the UK its perfectly legal to do so"

I live in the same city & can assure you that it is not legal to do such a thing & that this poor excuse or a human being is currently being investigated by both the police & the RSPCA which is the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

I just can't believe that anyone would think the UK is so uncivilised.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Not funny anyway anywhere. Never! I am an animal lover. How anyone could think this is funny is beyond me. What if the owners didn't find the poor thing. I hate to think.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options

I agree 100%. It's great to see that people think animal cruelty is funny...

Seriously.

I'm disgusted.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

ummm no.

One of the stories I read online from the UK site said she had been questioned already but didnt break any laws.. I dont know I just got by what I read online :)

Do you really think it would be on International News if it was acceptable??? Do you think we just dump animals in bins here????

what's amusing is that you could even think that! :laugh: Don't beleive all you read honey. The RSPCA which is a society here that protects animals, will prosecute her. The fact that they can prosecute her means its against the law. Ok???

Disgraceful that anyone thinks any of this is funny OR acceptable human behaviour!
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I saw this also on the news also, so Disturbing!!! "Do unto others. . . . . . . " I know that quote didn't include animals, but maybe she should spend 15 hours in a filthy dumpster!
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

she has got in trouble she has been tracked down and arrested made the front page news today

shes getting charged by the RSPCA for cruelty to animals