any vegan, vegetarians etc out there?

Options
babybellyfat
babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
Hello All! Im a lacto Ovo vegetarian i eat eggs, cheese but i love my almond and soy milk.. I wanted to know if there is any vege.. out there and what is your diet to loosing wight?

breakfast

lunch

dinner

snack

Tips and ideas needed thx. fill free to add me :)

Replies

• it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for a year. Vegatables seem to help heaps. Lo cal, high fibre, high in micronutrients.... They can be turned into salads, soups, stews, put on sandwiches...

Upping legumes and cutting down on processed grains (such as breads and pastas) also seems to help me. Oats and hot cereal do fill me up, I tend to eat a lot more of those than what I used to.

I'm also big on variety. But not so big on sugar. Fruit can be quite sugary, I eat a bit but not a lot. And I avoid juices and dried fruit, these are fun and a bit better than chocolate bars, but not by nearly as much as what people think.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Check out the Happy Herbivores group - there is a lot of discussion on this very topic. You can search the forums as well, as there have been a lot of posts in the recipes and nutrition sections on this as well. There are a lot of us on here, and the Herbivores group is quite friendly. My diary is open if you want to poke around.
  • Cerdice
    Cerdice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, I simply eat a lot of vegetables and fruit. I also do eat a fair bit of soya in various forms which I know some people have an issue with, but it doesn't worry me. I do eat fruit as I feel I'm already cutting a lot out of my diet, I just don't track sugar. I'm helped by the fact I have a preference for savoury food so don't have much of an attraction to chocolate or sweets etc. I do have my treats though, swedish glace dessert for instance! I just make sure my treats fit my calorie goals. I think my diary is open if you want to have a look.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    My diet for losing weight is the same as it was before. Just less of it. If you want to see my first feel free to add me as a friend. Oh by the way I'm a Vegan
  • scrttwtt
    scrttwtt Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm vegetarian, and have been for a few years now. I eat quorn, soy, a little cheese, beans, peas, lentils etc for protein, and lots of vegetables and rice.

Breakfast for me - favorites are poached eggs, or omelet.

Lunch- avocados are amazing, and filled with good fat, vitamins and fibre etc, to make your skin beautiful. Soup is also great, vegetable soup is the best. Otherwise, meat-free sausages and bread? A salad? Quorn pieces, vegetables, olive oil and garlic pepper? Yum.

Dinner- I love making Chinese and Indian food. So favorite meals for me would be broccoli and tofu cooked with sauce made from peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic and chili, served with rice............. or curry with carrots, sweet potatoes, onions, peas etc fried with fry-light, a little coconut oil, loads of madras chili powder or garam masala, garlic, ginger and maybe some lentils, then served with rice. My boyfriend makes great tomato sauces with lots of vegetables and olives to have with pasta.... and when I'm feeling lazy, just quorn burgers or soy fillets from the freezer served with rice or bread and salad is fine too.

Snacks- a quorn sausage heated in the microwave and eaten on its own usually. Sweet pickled beetroot.
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for replying :)))
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am also a vegan.
    I do not eat meat of any kind, Nor Eggs.
    I do use Stevia.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, blueberries and Vanilla Almond Milk Unsweetened.

Lunch: Usually Soy Chicken, Bacon.... Today I fixed Special K Vegetarian Chili. Yummy, with Salad and special K Multigrain Crackers.

Dinner: Tonight I will have Pagoda Vegetarian Eggroll and probably a Salad.
  • cloben35mm
    cloben35mm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a pescatarian and I am always looking for new friends on here, it helps to see what other vegetarians and vegans are eating for protein as well. Feel free to add me :) Also for lunch I eat a lot of tuna, vegetarian ribs, and fish. Lots of restaurants are having more veggie patties and veggie options, which really helps!
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    vegan, here!
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am also a vegan.
    I do not eat meat of any kind, Nor Eggs.
    I do use Stevia.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, blueberries and Vanilla Almond Milk Unsweetened.

Lunch: Usually Soy Chicken, Bacon.... Today I fixed Special K Vegetarian Chili. Yummy, with Salad and special K Multigrain Crackers.

Dinner: Tonight I will have Pagoda Vegetarian Eggroll and probably a Salad.

A lot of your food is not vegan. Do you mean vegetarian?