New New New :)

Options
Hello! MY name is Amanda and I am new to the site here. I use the BodyMedia Fit armband and I love it. The only problem is there isn't, at least as far as I can see, a good solid community behind it. So when I saw that I could like to MFP (which looks super friendly) I thought I would jump on board and link the accounts :)

I am 5'10 and about 350 pounds. I was recently diagnosed with an underactive thyroid so I am working with my doctor to sort out a good level of synthroid to be on. I used to have a very active computer support job where I was tier 2 so I got to run around all day but they promoted me to tier 3 and now I'm stuck at a desk :(

Because my activity level dropped I've been looking for new fun things to do. I started doing the Zombies, Run! 5k trainer and am on week 1 and I really like it. I do yoga on my "off" days. I also have the wii, and the kinect (I refuse to get the play, or whatever its called for my ps3 because it looks so queer) So I do Zumba and stuff as well.

I'm a bit of a supergeek but I try not to let it show :P I'm write freelance articles and chill with my super awesome dog in my downtime. So if anyone is looking for a friend I'm really friendly in that geeky-socially-akward kind of way. I'm out of things to talk about, and halfway convinced this post is probably really boring, or aimless, or both XD So. . . Thanks for reading.

TLDR; Hi am nerdy, lets be friends :P

Replies

• ang696
    ang696 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey ZerthSpirit,

Just sent you a friend request, and I am also SUPER nerdy. Used to work for a video game store and all. Love to give you online support, and depending on where in the world you are, maybe even actual work out support :)
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I am still fairly new here but the people here are awesome...
    Are you a Whovian????
    Add me. :)
  • Hotdawgnothotdog
    Hotdawgnothotdog Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Not to freak you out, but, according to what I just read, I love your personality, and would love to have you as a friend, you remind me a little bit of myself. I have an amazing little cat named KOFI, I enjoy the wii, like Just Dance, wii sports, I love to jump on my trampoline! I'm a huge wrestling fan! *literally and figuratively* So yeah, bonafide geek. Good luck on your journey to a new life and feel free to friend me!
  • ZerthSpirit
    Options
    Good morning!

thank you all for the awesome responses and friend requests!

I am a Whovian ;) what self respecting geek isn't?
  • purpleangelbee
    Options
    Hiya

Feel free to add me as a friend I know what to do in a zombie apocalypse :laugh:

Jenny
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I loved your post. I am not a geek, but I am a self professed super nerd. I'd love for you to add me.