De-lurking and getting serious

Options
TribeHokie
TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
Hello all! I've been a member of mfp for awhile and love both the nutritional tools and the forums. I am 25, live in VA, and finally feel that I am ready to buckle down and commit to a lifestyle change. I figure I spent the first quarter of my life doing whatever I want so now it is time to be smart and make sure I actually MAKE it to 100 years. I started on the Sonoma diet plan (old, not new) on 6/10/13 with a 4-6 day/week moderate exercise plan and have lost 8 lbs so far. I've previously written a post in response to someone else here about what exactly the Sonoma diet is to me and why I support it, but suffice to say I am a big believer in individualized choices and doing what is best for YOU, and I know Sonoma works for me.

As far as activity on mfp, like I said, I really like the forums and respond to threads when I feel I have something valuable to add. Honestly I won't really update my food diary because almost a decade of being aware of the nutritional value of pretty much everything edible has made me able to easily keep fairly accurate track in my head of my daily intake, so don't look for that. I will happily friend anyone but apologies in advance if I am not messaging you every day with motivation and encouragement. I wouldn't expect anyone to take time out of their busy days to do that for me!

I think that is about it for now.....I know I need to go update my profile with some info about myself but I'll get around to it ; )

Replies

• Ccampbell21
    Ccampbell21 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! As a woman almost twice your age (easier to say than my real age ;) ) that anything you do now and can maintain will benefit you in the long run. Never thought I would get to 'that age" but time and life commitments sneak up on you and if you get to my age (or sooner) it takes more to make the changes. Your metabolism slows down, habits are formed and your body is doing some strange stuff! You have to work out twice as hard/long to cause an effect that may otherwise have flowed a little easier a couple decades prior! And don't forget strength training!! Vital!! Sorry to just plop right in here but seeing your post just kinda hit me this morning. I am trying to get back to it myself after having some time to focus on me (kids are mostly gone and I have just started on a new career path) and am so sorry now that I didn't make that commitment sooner. Sounds like you have a plan and I wish you all the best!!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your response! I understand what you mean. I've watched my mother work through a similar situation to what you are describing and I know I need to get myself in gear NOW so it isn't harder later.
  • HokieMama4
    HokieMama4 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey! Fellow Hokie and Virginian here! I'm on MFP several times daily. I'm taking my health and activity very seriously!