Rant of the Day

Options
If I happen to have an unexpected night out with friends, drink a tad over my calories, and log it, I do not need snarky comments from other people about it. It just makes me want to close my diary. That is my rant.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,013 Member
    Options
    Life happens but unfortunately, not for everyone.
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Agreed. That is crap!

Go out, have fun. That's part of life and if you can't go out and have fun once in a while, then what is the point? Personally, I am here to make myself happier, and healthier. Denying myself a good time with friends is NOT on my list of goals!

Edit to say, Love all the pet pics!!!!
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Next time simply comment " I am sorry you don't have a life and I do" they'll get the point ;)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Then delete them. They aren't supportive friends.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    surprise nights out are always the best enjoy those cals !!
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Agree with poster above and let's remember, these "friends" are really complete strangers (usually) so why bother with folks who make snarky comments. Delete them and move on.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options

This. You were honest and logged your splurges. That's a win in my book.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I would delete them as "friends." You need support not nastiness.
  • Deloresbolt
    Deloresbolt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Kristy, those people are the ones that you take with a grain of salt. You ARE allowed to have a life and have fun. Never worry about that. You are doing fine!!!!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Your "friends" freaked on you for going 87cals over after an evening of fun w/ IRL friends? Just F them.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

This. You were honest and logged your splurges. That's a win in my book.

Yup!
    I'm not on MFP to learn how to be perfect. I'm on MFP to learn how my imperfections don't have to affect my health and fitness goals. Occasionally going over your calorie goal for the day is not a big deal. It's just life. :smile:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You need better friends. I have over 300 and no one criticizes me about what I eat. I have one veggie nazi on my list but I love her so it's okay with me :laugh:
  • Jett_05
    Jett_05 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A few drinks isnt going to kill a diet. :P I just try to dance lots when I go out drinking. :-)
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have never had anyone comment on my diary. If someone did I would probably just ignore them unless they were being rude then I would definitely delete them.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I go over my calories on the weekends. It happens. That is life and we can't live in a hole for the rest of it because we want to lose weight.

Being "perfect" would drive anyone mad.

Luckily my friends never judge my indulgences, nor do I theirs.

I enjoy seeing that people have fun every now and then.

I agree that at least you log it honestly! I've had 3,000 calorie Saturdays and I log them. It's for me. A record of everything I've done since joining this site. A way to look back and figure out what went right and figure out what went wrong.

You're being human. I raise my glass to you :) Don't let anyone push their "perfect" IEATWITHINMYCALSEVERYDAMNDAY lifestyle on you. If it works for them, awesome. I know it doesn't for me.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    A few drinks isnt going to kill a diet. :P I just try to dance lots when I go out drinking. :-)

Haha me too! maybe cancel out those drinks by all the burning! :P
  • amylb0822
    amylb0822 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I guess some folks just don't get that living healthy is a "Lifestyle"... key word being LIFE.

You are entitled to a night of fun now and then, it's what makes the hard work of being healthy worthwile..

Thumb your nose at the nay sayers and just keep on truckin sistah!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I keep my diary closed for these very reasons.
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Let's see, you are eating at what...a 500 calorie deficit or more? Going slightly over a "goal" will not hurt anything in the least. You are still eating at a deficit. But you know, even if you ate over your maintenance for one day it wouldn't hurt you. I am proud of you for eating, drinking and logging it. All we can do is just keep moving forward. I am with the majority on this one. Might need new friends if those types of comments become a habit. One time snarky comment, I would forgive them, twice- I would still forgive them, then delete them and move on!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Shortest rant ever, love it!