What Christian Contemporary Music gets you going?

Options
If you listen to Christian Contemporary Music, what music gets you going? I'm trying to add to my workout playlist.

Replies

• Samiamy2k
    Samiamy2k Posts: 50
    Options
    If sacred music is your gig, you can't get more uplifting than old fashioned southern gospel. It'll lift you out of your tennies. Check out some Mighty Clouds of Joy or Aretha Franklin's gospel albums.
    If you listen to Christian Contemporary Music, what music gets you going? I'm trying to add to my workout playlist.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    deicide
  • JessieLynn00
    JessieLynn00 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sorry not sure what contemporary is. If I listened to music during my workout I'd listen to Third Day. They have some good stuff. I just listen to the people talking on my workout dvds though.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    The Afters, Sidewalk Prophets, Big Daddy Weave, Know Hope Collective, Luminate, Needtobreathe, Starfield, Switchfoot, Tenth Avenue North.
  • efitterp
    efitterp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks! These sound like what I like to listen to!
  • janeensan
    janeensan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Here's some for ya!!!! These are all on my running playlist in my iPod

strangely dim Francesca Battistelli
    Every Good Thing by The Afters
    nothing Ever (Could Separate Us) Citizen Way
    Words Hawke Nelson
    Shine Newsboys
    He Reigns Newsboys
    God's Not Dead Newsboys
    Good Morning Mandisa
    Stronger Mandisa
    Waiting For Tomorrow Mandisa
  • efitterp
    Options
    Here's some for ya!!!! These are all on my running playlist in my iPod

strangely dim Francesca Battistelli
    Every Good Thing by The Afters
    nothing Ever (Could Separate Us) Citizen Way
    Words Hawke Nelson
    Shine Newsboys
    He Reigns Newsboys
    God's Not Dead Newsboys
    Good Morning Mandisa
    Stronger Mandisa
    Waiting For Tomorrow Mandisa
  • efitterp
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I would have to say Chris Thomlin, News Boys,, Jesus Culture, Thousand foot Krutch. Matt Redman, Kutless, They all uplift me and have many positive hits that have impacted my life.
  • cortney_weiss
    cortney_weiss Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    David Crowder!!!
  • megs12e
    megs12e Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hillsong Aftermath album has several songs in it that are great to work out to. David Crowder also has a lot of stuff that is fun and has a driving beat.
  • maeganmoo
    maeganmoo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Red! Nothing gets me more pumped up to strength train then Red's "Release the Panic" album. So, so good!!!!
  • gettingfitnyc
    gettingfitnyc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to music when I workout since I tend to swim, but off the top of my head some upbeat songs that get me moving are:
    Happy Day - Tim Hughes (the album I have with it is called Live from the Abbey & there are several other songs by various artists that are good too.),
    Take it All -- Hillsong
    We are the Free -- Matt Redman
    And of course the Newsboys (but they've been mentioned)

Have you heard of Level 3:16?
  • puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I agree with the mentions of Tenth Avenue North. I'm not sure if Skillet is contemporary or not... I'm pretty sure they're more rock but I love them as well. (especially their new CD, Rise. Highly recommended!)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    The Afters, Sidewalk Prophets, Big Daddy Weave, Know Hope Collective, Luminate, Needtobreathe, Starfield, Switchfoot, Tenth Avenue North.

Yes, and Third Day and Toby Mac

Edit for Skillet!
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Danzig. The lead singer, Glenn Danzig, has a very soothing yet invigorating tone. Look him up!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Jesus culture and Rick Pino
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    TobyMac is my favorite. If you like Zumba, check out "refitrev" on youtube; they've got a bunch of Zumba routines to awesome Christian music, including a lot of TobyMac.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options

^^^^ This + T-bone, old school Toby Mac, and my newest fave.....Rend Collective Experiment!