be careful what you wish for.......

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
Driving in to work this morning I was a little dismayed by the fact that I forgot my 1 whole wheat/ whole grain slice of bread that I like to eat with my eggwhites and ketchup. Resigned to this fact I get to work and a coworker asks if I have been into the break room yet. I'm not too concerned and absent mindedly ask if there is some bread in there half joking. She merely crooks her finger with a smug smile on her face. As I walk into the break room and I kid you not I see a Carbsplosian of bread loaves, bread slices, pastries, cookies, tarts. Imagine Panera bread.....you know all that deliciousness that they have behind the glass that you want to press yourself against. Well that's exactly what the hell it was. A patient gets free panera bread and has decided to grace us with it's deliciousness every friday for the rest of the summer. *sigh* How can I work like this? I literally work immediately next door to the break room. Be careful what you wish for.........................

p.s. I did get that whole grain slice of bread though :)
and nothing else, the willpower is strong with this one, lets just hope it is next week too

Replies

• bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ok that is both awesome and sad. Awesome that the patient is doing that but sad that you can't really partake. Here's to strong willpower!!
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    WOW that is dough amazing!!!! Yum yum lol, I'm sure you were horrified but also happily surprised. Could you think about F430s and M3s next time? :laugh: :laugh:
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome will power!! Bonus points for use of Carbsplosian!! :laugh:
  • fShaw86
    Options
    WOW that is dough amazing!!!! Yum yum lol, I'm sure you were horrified but also happily surprised. Could you think about F430s and M3s next time? :laugh: :laugh:

edit: omg how do I delete double-posts :o
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I can say no to sweets all day long, my weakness is for bread
  • fShaw86
    Options
    I can say no to sweets all day long, my weakness is for bread

LOL same here. Bread, and cereal!