Eating clean/healthy ALL day???

Options
Ok, so i can eat healthy until about late afternoon and then I end up (particularly if i've done exercise) overeating and it's almost always something unhealthy! and then I'm miserable and too ashamed to put it on my food diary ): I don't understand why I continue to do this despite how it makes me feel!? Also I tend to make unhealthy food choices when I'm with my mum but not other people?

So i'd like some help in either trying to understand why i do this (it might be more obvious from the outside!) or meals/snacks that are cheap, healthy and filling! Please help because I'm at a plateau and it's horrible :(

Also I travel over dinner & breakfast time twice a week so need an idea of something healthy and cold and easy to eat i can take to have for these meal times on the train ):

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ok, so i can eat healthy until about late afternoon and then I end up (particularly if i've done exercise) overeating and it's almost always something unhealthy! and then I'm miserable and too ashamed to put it on my food diary ): I don't understand why I continue to do this despite how it makes me feel!? Also I tend to make unhealthy food choices when I'm with my mum but not other people?

So i'd like some help in either trying to understand why i do this (it might be more obvious from the outside!) or meals/snacks that are cheap, healthy and filling! Please help because I'm at a plateau and it's horrible :(

Also I travel over dinner & breakfast time twice a week so need an idea of something healthy and cold and easy to eat i can take to have for these meal times on the train ):

Labeling foods clean/unclean, healthy/unhealthy without taking into consideration the amount and the context of how they fit into your total caloric intake is silly.

If you eat some less nutrient dense foods, just fit them into your cals
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Do you allow yourself a cheat day? Deprivation is tough for me. most weeks if I allow myself a cheat meal like on Sunday, I can refrain during rest of week and tell myself I can have "that" on Sunday.

I eat cold oats a lot now in the morning because they are easy to go and you can make ahead...
  • AnnabellaMiniJarv
    AnnabellaMiniJarv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I never allow myself a cheat day or meal, that could be why i feel the need to secretly eat these things i guess! Might try this for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference :) Thanks