Eat more - lose more!

Options
I don't know about anyone else, but before i joined MFP, each time i felt like i'd had a bad week (ie - ate more) i seemed to lose more weight than when i felt like i'd had a gud week. MFP has helped me understand why.
For example, last week, theoretically, i should have lost nearly 4lb! But because i didn't eat back my exercise calories, i wasn't eating enough and my metabolism slowed and i only lost 1lb.
Now i know, i have to eat all my calories. :) Thanks MFP!

Replies

• klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That is so funny! I just realized that this morning. I have been under calories everyday and working out every day and lost 2 pounds and then gained 1/2 pound back. I am trying to add healthier snacks to my day. Good luck with your progress!
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but before i joined MFP, each time i felt like i'd had a bad week (ie - ate more) i seemed to lose more weight than when i felt like i'd had a gud week. MFP has helped me understand why.
    For example, last week, theoretically, i should have lost nearly 4lb! But because i didn't eat back my exercise calories, i wasn't eating enough and my metabolism slowed and i only lost 1lb.
    Now i know, i have to eat all my calories. :) Thanks MFP!

You are on to something but one week won't usually do that to you, more than likely water weight is the culprit week to week or day to day. Over the long term it will balance out.

4lbs last week, that means you had a 14,000 calorie deficit or 2,000 a day! That is a lot, how much were eating and what were doing to burn so many calories?

To be safe with your metabolism 6 days of a deficit followed by one day of a surplus will do.
  • antiadipose
    Options
    that is my motto! and the reason i was in a plateau for a year it because i ate 1000 calories AND ran like everyday.
    then i came to mfp.... ate WAY more... lost weight =]
  • erindesantos
    Options
    Ugh...I've been doing the same thing! I know that if I keep eating well balanced meals throughout the day, I will see results. I've heard the best way to eat is 3 healthy meals and two healthy snacks. I've been so busy and my appetite has decreased that I've actually forgotten to eat at times which is not like me! I guess I better add thos exercise calories back in! Thanks everyone, very helpful!
  • aaiked
    aaiked Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    can u explain this to me i sometimes go over my calories by 100-200 calories however most days i come under my calories and im not getting any results i started out three weeks ago at 200lbs, i lost seven pounds the first week and nothing since then. im drinking 9-10 glasses of water daily and nothing since the first week :cry:
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    I was walking everywhere with my son in a carrier on my back and i just wasn't hungry enough to eat back my exercise calories.

Russel, i realise it before i joined MFP but never really took any notice. Its not just the one week