healthy food at buffalo wild wings

Options
Going out to lunch with the coworkers today and we're going to BWW. Last week I made the mistake of not checking before going and ended up discovering that my meal was close to 1000 calories (6 wings and fries). Does anyone have any suggestions of healthier things I could order? I'd like to keep it under 600 cals if possible

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I don't have the exact counts on hand, but I always go for one of the salads with naked tenders and extra wing sauce on the chicken, with then just a touch of ranch.
  • wvubri23
    wvubri23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The Buffaltios aren't too high in calories. That is normally what I get. It's a grilled chicken taco pretty much.
  • aproctor1120
    Options
    I agree on the Buffalitos. Steer clear of the Flatbreads. They sound lo-cal but are in the 800 - 1000 cal range.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Half the wings and fries. High calories doesn't make food "unhealthy"
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I usually opt for the naked tenders as well. Keep the sauce on the side so you can limit how much you eat of it.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Ummm, 3 wings? Sounds super filling!! I'd prefer something with more substance if going out to eat!
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I loooove wings so I would opt for the wings (like 8-10) without fries. It'd still be high calories, but I'd consider it a treat.

But barring that, I had their BBQ chicken salad once and it was really tasty. I think the salad straight is around 700 calories, but if you get it dressed on the side, the salad is just around 400 or so.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Calories are not indicative of whether something is "healthy" or not. Personally, I'd just eat the wings and leave the fries if I was worried about it...but mostly, I wouldn't worry about it and I'd just enjoy...
  • Kristy7418
    Kristy7418 Posts: 85
    Options
    They shoud have nutrition info on their website. Google it and see what you like and what the numbers are. I have started trying to google all the restaurants I go to before I go to them so I don't make too bad of choices.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Ummm, 3 wings? Sounds super filling!! I'd prefer something with more substance if going out to eat!

I think you're entirely missing his point....
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Is it calories or "healthy" that you are more concerned with. Wings aren't really that unhealthy. Skip the fries and ask for extra celery or a salad as a side. They have a grilled jerk chicken sandwich that is pretty awesome, but I have no idea of the calories.
  • k_lips
    k_lips Posts: 22
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions everyone! My main focus is on the "healthy" part, but I am also aiming to stay under 600 calories. I am unfortunately, a plate cleaner, so it's difficult for me to order a large meal and just eat part of it, which is why I was hoping for some healthy and preferably also low-cal options
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Calories are not indicative of whether something is "healthy" or not. Personally, I'd just eat the wings and leave the fries if I was worried about it...but mostly, I wouldn't worry about it and I'd just enjoy...

^^^ Agree!
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love the wings so usually when I know I'm going to eat there I will eat a salad for dinner that night and sometimes skip breakfast or eat just fruit...I can't resist the wings but I don't get fries with them just extra sauce...good luck!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    6 Naked Tenders, and a buffalo sauce on the side (not a ranch or asian sauce) and a veggie boat. I think the whole plate is <400cals and decent on protein. However, it is kind of bland - nothing you couldn't make at home. But sometimes you gotta be social.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Wrap With Garlic Parmesan (Buffalo Wild Wings)

Serving Size: 1 wrap, Calories: 640, Fat: 14g, Carbs: 76g, Protein: 54g
  • lumela
    lumela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here's what I had the other day for roughly 537 calories! The burger won't be on the menu most likely, so just ask. Though it may be a regional thing...

Black Bean Burger w/ Bun, Lettuce, Tomato, Bbq Sauce, and a Pickle
    Side Salad, no dressing
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i will get naked tenders with a veggie boat, OR the asian zing grilled chicken salad with dressing on the side. (i try to use half or less of the dressing). i'm pretty sure the salad is a little bit more than 600 cals, but if i plan my day right, i can make it work.

B DUBS FTW!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    One of my all time favorite places. I usually eat a grilled chicken sandwhich (470 cal) and regular wedges (280 cal) totals 750 calories. A little more than your 600 calories, but not terrible.

I know the naked tendors are 43 calories each, so 6 of those with a sauce and regular wedges or fries would be less than 600 calories.

They have (or had) a chicken ceaser salad that is under 500 calories but I have never had it. I prefer the stuff mentioned above and can usually fit it into my day.