Rant of the Day

Options

Replies

• ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I keep my diary closed for these very reasons.

Ditto. Some people don't understand my love for pizza, Doritos, ice cream, and cake... I'll enjoy my food affair in private.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Let's see, you are eating at what...a 500 calorie deficit or more? Going slightly over a "goal" will not hurt anything in the least. You are still eating at a deficit. But you know, even if you ate over your maintenance for one day it wouldn't hurt you. I am proud of you for eating, drinking and logging it. All we can do is just keep moving forward. I am with the majority on this one. Might need new friends if those types of comments become a habit. One time snarky comment, I would forgive them, twice- I would still forgive them, then delete them and move on!

This right here. I'd "check" them the 1st time and then after that . . . . delete! Fortunately, I've not experienced that with my group of friends.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Doxeydoxie
    Doxeydoxie Posts: 75
    Options
    And "THIS" is why I do not open my diary for others. Do not need advice on how to live. Thanks for sharing this! I hope you aren't blasted for just being honest. Glad to see you are out with friends and having a good time!
  • sunsetseven
    sunsetseven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    wrong post in wrong place- please ignore
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If I happen to have an unexpected night out with friends, drink a tad over my calories, and log it, I do not need snarky comments from other people about it. It just makes me want to close my diary. That is my rant.
    You need different friends. (I mean the ones maling the comments, not the ones you were drinking with.)
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I don't need snarky friends, I do appreciate the ones who have constructive criticism / questions sometimes about my entries, but so far I've been luck with MFP friends who review and support me, good days and bad.
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I took a look at a few days in your food diary, and I think whoever was making snarky remarks was looking for something to criticize. They could just as easily have commended you for all the things you're doing right.

I suspect a key word in the OP was "unexpectedly." If you had advance notice, I suspect you would have planned for the extra alcohol calories, although there would be nothing wrong with choosing to go a bit over on calories, knowing it wouldn't do any permanent harm when you go right back on plan afterrward. IMHO, unless they are constantly sabotaging my weight loss, I put friends ahead of rigidly adhering to the eatng plan for the day. It's just one day, you didn't go 1,000s of calories over your daily allowance, and the next day you were right back on track---no harm, no foul. An important part of weight loss is that it be something that can be sustained over time.

And I agree with everyone who has said that the most important thing is you logged it in your food diary. Sorry you got slammed for doing exactly what you should do in that situation.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If I happen to have an unexpected night out with friends, drink a tad over my calories, and log it, I do not need snarky comments from other people about it. It just makes me want to close my diary. That is my rant.

delete the b*tch
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I agree. Delete those friends and find some that are supportive. I frequently go over my calorie goal. I had a personal trainer that encouraged me to have occasional "free days". It helps keep the metabolism up and reduce cravings. And let's admit one thing- we are human and can't always be perfect. I would rather see you go over than see the ones that eat like 800 calories all the time. That is not healthy.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute - I didn't get to vote for Rant of the Day. What were the other contenders?

Seriously, delete them. I keep my diary closed because I don't feel I need help with my diet, but the friends I have here would support me, should I ever go off the deep end and open that sucker up.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't log my drinking for this very reason.
    But **** it... I'm going to start doing it now!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Tell them you live your life not just talk about living a life! Then DELETE THEM!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I don't log my drinking for this very reason.
    But **** it... I'm going to start doing it now!

and I'll cyber high five you for it! I hate logging my drinks because they add up so quickly buy heh I do it anyway (What my diary SAYS won't change the facts). I'm sure I'll be having a couple of beers on the Nautical Mile tomorrow :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

If you were on my friend's list, I would delete you. The last thing I need is to be bothered with people who asked to be friends or who I thought was mature enough to be a friend. In fact, I have very few friends on here and the ones I have take me to task if they see a splurge, all I do is explain that I was having a me day and tomorrow I will be back on track.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    That shiz calls for joyful deletion with extreme prejudice. Life's too short.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options

People say things on the Internet, and especially on bulletin boards, that, if they said them in person, would most likely end up getting them murdered or, at the very least, getting the good news by way of a beating. It's the perils of bodiless communications, where there is little, if any, accountability.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Let them know that's not what you need from your friends list. Some people do want their friends to call them out on any little slip in their food or exercise program. If you're not compatible, DELETED!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Then delete them. They aren't supportive friends.

I agree
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I did close my diary over a similar issue. Honestly I don't need help at the moment anyways, so I will leave it closed until the time comes that I might want some advice.