How's my plan?

Options
jha1223
jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
I am not able to enter in my workout as I can't seem to find an easy way to enter the P90 stuff. I am currently in phase 1 doing Sculpt 1/2 and Sweat 1/2.

I'm having some pretty darn good results in my humble opinion. The workouts are still kicking my tail, but I'm getting up 6 days a week at 6am and pushing play. Sadly though, the one day that I don't work out, I "feel" it. Maybe it's mostly psychological, but it's there.

My question is this: can someone take a look at my diet and see if I look like I'm on track? I'm not sure what it puts my caloric intake total to when I figure in my workouts. I know my fat/carb/prot balances are a little off and I'm working to get those balanced out.

My weight - 196
Height - 5'9'
Age 33
Lifestyle - WAS sedentary :)

Thanks!

Replies

• mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well I just looked at what you ate on Tuesday and you need to eat more. You are not even eating 1200 calories your going to send your body into starvation mode that way. I think with P90x you should be eating about 1300 or more so a day to help you loose and give you the energy to do the work-outs without killing yourself.

Way to go though!
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My apologies.. I had forgot to add my dinner! :D Trust me, I am eating. It feels like my metabolism is just churning all day long that I look forward to my next meal!

The only thing that I am worried about is if I should be bumping up my caloric intake as I enter phase II of P90. My weight loss is going great and I have a TON of energy so I think that is good. I just want to make sure that I am not entering starvation mode or going stagnant by not getting enough food.

FWIW, I am on P90, not P90x yet. I did P90x last year and it killed me. So, I am doing P90 and then plan to hit the "X" after I get through P90.

From the looks (I.E. mirror), I am shedding well, but I will only know for sure at day 30 for now. I am fighting taking measurements every day as I don't want to get discouraged.

Tomorrow I wake up and hit "Play".

Thanks!
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think you plan looks pretty good and if you are doing the high level of exercise you ned to ensure you get the cals in! I would suggest upping your protein a bit and lowering your carbs. You are definately getting enough carbs to fuel your energy needs for the P90 but I would say you need around 120g protein to help strengthen and build your lean muscle mass.
    1.2-1.5g per kg body weight is the recommended protein intake for high exercise.
    196lb = 89kg, so you should be eating around 107-134g protein per day and you are currently around 70.

Also try and get you breakfast cals a bit higher and your dinner a bit lower!
  • brettatk
    brettatk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What most people do for P90 or P90X is create an exercise under Cardiovascular. For example the other night I created an Exercise called P90X - Chest and Back. I searched online and found an estimate of how many calories are burned and entered it. Of course the best way would be to get a heart rate monitor and actually measure how many calories you burn during the workout. Good work so far!