My story w pics. *sensitive material in story*

Options

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    You made the best decision for you and for baby. My heart goes out to you for the terrible things you've had to endure to get to where you are today. Congrats on your weight loss and best of luck to you!
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You are definitely a strong woman. So sorry you had to go through everything. Your weight loss story is awesome!!! Keep it up!!!
  • msqueenofpain
    msqueenofpain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You a strong woman and have overcome so much in life. I wish you the best of luck in your marriage and I definetly think you made the right decision. I am sorry to hear your family is not supportive, as long as you are healthy and have the love and support of your husband that is all that matters.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    What a story! I commend you for the decision you made. You are not a bad person because you made a decision that may have saved your life in the long run. People who believe otherwise obviously never had to make such a serious decision. Your story is truly inspiring, and your pics are incredible. Keep up the great work!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the same condition that Kate Middleton had? Prince William's wife?
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Pro choice :)

Good for you for being strong and im sorry about your family.

You look awesome ma, good job!
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hugs..my heart goes out to you and congrats with the weight loss progress.
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    Isn't that the same condition that Kate Middleton had? Prince William's wife?

Yes. When the media reported that, I cried. I cried because finally this disorder will get the attention that it needs. There is no known cause or cure.

Http://www.helpHER.org
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Your story made me cry, so sad, I'm so sorry your family doesn't understand...but on the flip side, You look great!
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Your body transformation is amazing! And regarding the abortion, you will not find me wagging a finger...you did what was best in the situation. Only a fool could fault you for making that decision. :heart:
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You have been through so much...I am so sorry. My heart just aches for you and your loss and the fact that your family hasn't supported you. I have lost children in utero and after birth. It is the worst loss there is. In the religious family I am part of, I had to have an D&C after one of my miscarriages. The paperwork called it an abortion and there was this huge uproar in my family - they knew that the baby was dead but that I still was associated with that word. In your situation, you did the only thing you could do. It may be hard for people to find the balance between morality and right/wrong. Things did settle down for me and I hope for you. I am thinking of you and will light a candle for your little one! Namaste!

They are all called abortions - spontanous, missed, and incomplete abortions are miscarriages. I'm sorry that your family went into an uproar over medical words - that's just horrible. OP, you look beautiful and i'm sure the decision you made was probably one of the most difficult ones you had to make. It's nobody's business to judge you. You did what you had to do. All the best in the future :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You have really been through a lot and I admire the way you've taken responsibility for your life and health.

And if any *kitten* decides to come on here and judge you for any birth control you may or may not have used:

I have an IUD. It is one of the most effective forms of birth control. When I got my IUD, I was clearly informed that women have gotten pregnant while using it. Furthermore women IN THAT OFFICE had gotten pregnant while using it.

To be clear, any time you have ovaries, you can get pregnant. There have been three medically documented cases of women with complete uterectomies conceiving. They, of course, had to terminate those pregnancies.

I don't want to make it about this, but I would like to provide a perspective on personal choices that people might not be aware of.
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I suffered (and oh I mean suffered) from Hyperemesis as well. After many years of trying to get pregnant, finally May 2011 I became pregnant. My extreme joy was abruptly sidelined by week 7 when I was diagnosed with HG. Lost 10lbs in 7days and had to be admitted to hospital. I spent a lot of my pregnancy in hospital and thankfully a constant iv of ondancetron and a cocktail of 12 different pills a day was enough to keep me stable. I live in Canada, so the $10,000+ in medication alone was covered. It saddens me so much that other Countries don't have free health care.
    Ok, my point is, you are not alone. I know how you felt. I was able to carry my pregnancy but at week 10 I didn't feel I could go on. Luckily my mother flew across the Country to be by my side from daylight to dark (my husband is in the navy and was sailing) and I can honestly say that without her and the constant medical care I would not have been able to do it.
    Most people gain weight during their pregnancy, I gained mine after when I was able to eat without retching my guts out.

Feel free to friend me. You look amazing and you are an extremely strong woman. And strong is beautiful!!
  • shimmer615
    shimmer615 Posts: 55
    Options
    Your story tugs at my heart. I'm so sorry your family can't find it in theirs to understand that it just wasn't feasible for you to carry that child. You look absolutely beautiful. Great job on your hard work!
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    I suffered (and oh I mean suffered) from Hyperemesis as well. After many years of trying to get pregnant, finally May 2011 I became pregnant. My extreme joy was abruptly sidelined by week 7 when I was diagnosed with HG. Lost 10lbs in 7days and had to be admitted to hospital. I spent a lot of my pregnancy in hospital and thankfully a constant iv of ondancetron and a cocktail of 12 different pills a day was enough to keep me stable. I live in Canada, so the $10,000+ in medication alone was covered. It saddens me so much that other Countries don't have free health care.
    Ok, my point is, you are not alone. I know how you felt. I was able to carry my pregnancy but at week 10 I didn't feel I could go on. Luckily my mother flew across the Country to be by my side from daylight to dark (my husband is in the navy and was sailing) and I can honestly say that without her and the constant medical care I would not have been able to do it.
    Most people gain weight during their pregnancy, I gained mine after when I was able to eat without retching my guts out.

Feel free to friend me. You look amazing and you are an extremely strong woman. And strong is beautiful!!

My fiance made $50 more a month than what was accepted by government assistance. Its really sad that money plays a huge factor in everything.

I remember after my procedure, 10 minutes after the nausea went away. I was able to eat food for the first time in three weeks and boy did I eat. I had a steak, chicken wings, salad, baked potato. Water with lemon had never tasted so goodman but I struggled with severe anxiety for about three weeks afterwards. I think my body was getting used to the hormones leaving.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    I definitely support you in your decision. You are so strong to have made it through all that.
  • CrimsonNBlues
    CrimsonNBlues Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an incredible and heartbreaking story. I am so sorry that you had to go through so much, but I'm glad you have made so much progress and are feeling better, physically and emotionally. Those pictures are inspiring!
  • carom915
    carom915 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. The truth of the matter is you did what was best for you and for your child who might have suffered a host of complications had you continued on. I think that the fact that you persevered and were able to run and exercise in the wake of such sadness is amazing. I personally know that I would have curled into a ball with some ice cream, pizza, chinese food, you name it and I would have eaten all of my feelings for months. You look incredible and one day I hope that you are blessed with a family (if you want one) and are able to carry to term without any sickness! You are an inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss and improving your health in general. I also suffered with hyperemesis gravidarum through my seven pregnancies. I lost the last baby. I lost weight through each pregnancy and gained shortly after delivery while nursing. Mine was pretty bad, but not to the point where yours was, although I have known women who have had it that bad.

I think it is something with the HcG hormone, because after delivery, I mean just hours afterward, I was able to eat without throwing up.
  • mdamrow
    mdamrow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story. Thanks for sharing. You look amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!