PRE WORKOUT SUPPLEMENT?? For women?

Options
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you ladies out there use a pre workout supplement? I am considering purchasing one for use as a boost for before I workout to increase energy, endurance, performance and stamina. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations? What kind of sucesses have you had using a pre workout supplement? What expectations should I have?

Please note: no creatine... I don't want anything that is going to make me bigger or "pumped up" looking. I am seeking a lean "bikini model" tight, toned & sexy look...not jacked.

Thanks!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Just have an apple or a banana. That's usually my pre-workout supplement and they work awesome...
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    To avoid creatine, look for pure beta-alanine or caffeine. From experience, most pre-workouts have creatine, but being female I wouldn't worry about the 'pumped up' look, unless you are taking testosterone or other hormones.
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I don't use a pre workout supplment either. I eat yogurt or a piece of fruit and make sure I'm already hydrated with water.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have heard that amino acids are good pre workout... check out bodybuilding.com
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    My wife absolutely loves Craze.
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    Options
    If you're looking for a boost of energy, try N.OXplode. get watermelon. It tastes like pixie sticks.

I drink a scoop mixed with water and then hit the stair climber for 20-40 minutes. It really lights a fire under my booty.

I keep hearing Craze is 5x stronger, I may try that soon.
  • caber_tosser
    caber_tosser Posts: 105
    Options
    girl or guy would not matter for a PWO drink...mostly just a stimulant and some BCAAs
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Just have an apple or a banana. That's usually my pre-workout supplement and they work awesome...

Bananas! =) Make a banana protein smoothie! I personally don't like the taste of banana's in smoothies but you might or try just using a protein powder and eating a banana..
  • kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I normally have a banana, but if I'm having a really off day, I'll drink a protein shake about 30 minutes prior. That helps me a lot.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

i eat half a banana.
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    I just started using MARKED pre-workout Ingiter in Blue Raspberry from GNC. I tried it before a long run one weekend and it gave me this weird tingly amplified feeling all over my body that made me feel so pumped and ready to run! I LOVE it! I only used about 2/3 of a scoop about 30 mins before I workout. I've been looking for one designed specifically for women, but they all contain thermogenics which frist of all, isn't what I'm using it for, and they also make me restless.
  • splashtree1
    Options
    Vitamins during the workout are ok and pre workouet you can hrave aminoacids so any protein powder is fine before and after so you recovery faster and you have more strenghts for the training or you can simply eat fruits
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I really like HyperFX. I've used 1MR and a half dozen other supps.
    I think HyperFX is my favorite. Also, creatine in a small preworkout drink isn't going to get you jacked unless you start using HGH.
    Avoid illegal steroids and keep lifting and you'll get that look you're going for. :)