Know what topic never gets old?

Options
Women lifting heavy, LOL.

I came in last night from a killer workout in my garage/home gym and made myself a protein/PB shake, to which my husband replied, "do you want to bulk up or something"?

I nearly slapped the silly grin off his face. Good thing I knew he was joking, since I've used all you guys' advice to educate him.

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    You GO Girl! Holla!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My husband jokes that I don't need to lift at the gym as we have plenty of rocks to pick in the fields.
  • kristle_stewart
    kristle_stewart Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel stronger and see changes taking place since I stared lifting heavy, instead of doing a million reps and tons of cardio. Keep up the lifting.:happy:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    This is getting old...

Naw, jk.
    :wink:
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    or the mfp girl speak.... I like to pick up heavy things!
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I mean, I'm not even sure I could call mine heavy yet, but I do like to pick things up.

Oh, and last night a branch had split in our yard, and before I went for a walk I got our saw out and cut it down and drug it to the woods. I felt pretty sexy doing that.
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    So happy this is not about thigh gap.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    So happy this is not about thigh gap.

I probably had a thigh gap. This one time when I was like 12. Even at a size 2, I'm pretty sure my thighs touched and I'm OK with that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I wish my wife would build a home gym in our garage...but no...we have to park cars in there and ****.