Need caffeine!

A2Zscents
A2Zscents Posts: 34 Member
I used to have 1 diet coke a day - in the morning at my desk. I am going to try and give it up because I know it's bad for me but I am barely staying awake today. I woke up at 4:45 to do my spin class and now working a full day. I have 2 very busy kids to keep up with at night. Has anyone else given up caffeine and made it thru ok? I've always been a huge water drinker, so I'm just upping that even more - hoping it will make a difference. It's going to be a rough couple of weeks I think.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    I used to have 1 diet coke a day - in the morning at my desk. I am going to try and give it up because I know it's bad for me but I am barely staying awake today. I woke up at 4:45 to do my spin class and now working a full day. I have 2 very busy kids to keep up with at night. Has anyone else given up caffeine and made it thru ok? I've always been a huge water drinker, so I'm just upping that even more - hoping it will make a difference. It's going to be a rough couple of weeks I think.

Why do you think caffeine is bad for you?

FYI

The effect of caffeine, green tea and tyrosine on thermogenesis and energy intake
    http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v63/n1/abs/1602901a.html

thermogenesis.gif
  • JRChadwick
    JRChadwick Posts: 52
    Perhaps you should eat some fruit and some small nutritional meal bars throughout the day. That will help give you energy. I have had to try and find ways to keep my energy up since I have chronic insomnia and absolutely no tolerance to caffeine. When I took a workout supplement that contained caffeine, I almost died.
  • A2Zscents
    A2Zscents Posts: 34 Member

FYI

The effect of caffeine, green tea and tyrosine on thermogenesis and energy intake

thermogenesis.gif

Thanks for the info. I've been hearing that diet soda's are very bad for weight loss so wanted to give it up all together. I know caffeine itself is ok - but diet soda's, not so much. I don't drink coffee so this was my only caffeine drink for the day.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Why don't you try black coffee instead of diet coke? Coffee has caffeine, antioxidants, tastes good, and has zero calories. Or try green tea, another source of caffeine and good antioxidants.

It's the artificial sweeteners and other chemicals that makes the diet soda bad for you. I use to drink it regularly and then gave it up and since I have felt a lot better overall.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

FYI

thermogenesis.gif

Thanks for the info. I've been hearing that diet soda's are very bad for weight loss so wanted to give it up all together. I know caffeine itself is ok - but diet soda's, not so much. I don't drink coffee so this was my only caffeine drink for the day.

Well whatever or whoever you're hearing that from tell them to stop making things up