Can someone/anyone help pls - kindle question

Options
Microfiber
Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
A church member gave me her kindle to download a book into it. I purchased this for her by logging into MY amazon account etc. I will now be giving her the kindle back. Do I need to do anything on my amazon account? I mean, if she purchases stuff on there in the future, will I be paying for it (is her kindle now linked to my account?) If I deregister her kindle, will she still be able to read the book I bought for her?

Sorry for the dim questions. Thanks.

Replies

• Microfiber
    Options
    So it wasn't such a dim question then if nobody knows the answer :laugh:
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    So suggestions. Log on to Amazon.com look for the chat button. Click it, ask the chat agent.

I should know the answer to your question as I have countless friends that work at Amazon. But sadly I do not.
  • Julip89
    Julip89 Posts: 25
    Options
    My gut says that if you log out of your account, the book will still be there. Why don't you try it before giving it back to her, then you'll know. I haven't had this problem with my kindle account yet, so I'm not sure.

Also, these guys are fairly efficient and quick to answer - they should get back to you within 24 hours. So try to hold off giving the kindle back for a day, and see what they say. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=kindle_help_forum_bc_thread
  • Microfiber
    Options
    Thanks guys.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I would say it will remain on her device but not on her cloud so she has to keep it stored locally. But this is just a best guess from using mine. The forums on amazon are normally quite helpful.
  • Microfiber
    Options
    Thanks.