Under weight goal?

Under calories goal*

Hello guys,
I think I am facing a serious problem.

Yesterday I got an alert on MFP saying that I am eating fewer calories ( I know that's due to the number of calories I burn when exercise). Therefore, today I thought about eating more calories to balance the whole thing, my goal is 1200, I ate 1407 calories, then when I exercised I burned 1100 calories so now I'm left with 307 calories that are under my goal. What should I do ! should I stop working out that hard?

Thank you

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    What were you doing to burn that many cals?
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    How do you even have teh energy to burn 1k calories...You don't have enough fuel in your body!! Think of your body like a car - it needs fuel to function properly. You need food in order to get your organs, limbs, etc to move and work.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

I'm certain 1200 calories is too low for you. Go calculate your BMR and TDEE at www.fitnessfrog.com. Then eat at 15-20% below your TDEE. Then eat at least half your exercise calories back!!!

If you are at a 1200 cal day and you burn 1100 you technically can eat 2300 and still be at a deficit. You should aim for at least 2000 calories of food today!
  • Dero1794
    Dero1794 Posts: 14 Member
    Dancing for 2 hours
  • TavistockToad
    Dancing for 2 hours

Did you use a HRM?
  • Dero1794
    How do you even have teh energy to burn 1k calories...You don't have enough fuel in your body!! Think of your body like a car - it needs fuel to function properly. You need food in order to get your organs, limbs, etc to move and work.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

I'm certain 1200 calories is too low for you. Go calculate your BMR and TDEE at www.fitnessfrog.com. Then eat at 15-20% below your TDEE. Then eat at least half your exercise calories back!!!

If you are at a 1200 cal day and you burn 1100 you technically can eat 2300 and still be at a deficit. You should aim for at least 2000 calories of food today!

Iam 84 kg and 154 cm tall.

I understand and I'll do that.
    I am using runtastic to count for me
  • Dero1794
    Dancing for 2 hours

Did you use a HRM?

What is that?
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    If it's a daily routine, you definitely need to add more calories into your diet. At the same time, you don't want to eat to the point that you're not balancing out what you've achieved. Maybe take some lighter workouts in between, add some healthy fats (a handful of nuts would do that), and don't stress about MFP warnings.

I had a negative calorie day yesterday (ate 1800 calories but burned 1848 calories), and MFP sent me a warning about it. It's not a regular occurrence (once a month), so I ignored the warning.
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    i ruined my methabolism doing 1000+ cal burns in a workout (using HRM) and having a regular day of work ... then eating about 700 cals . its bad . its unhealthy. eat back your calories ppl
  • Dero1794
    i ruined my methabolism doing 1000+ cal burns in a workout (using HRM) and having a regular day of work ... then eating about 700 cals . its bad . its unhealthy. eat back your calories ppl

So how many calories do I have to eat back?
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    1K calories is 1h swimming and walking 30 min there and back to the gym :) I ignore those warning and I try to eat a bit after swimming
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    well if your goal is 1200 a day and you burn 1000 you should eat 1200+1000 .... 2200 . that easy :D
  • TavistockToad

However many you burn.

MFP includes a deficit in the calories it gives you BEFORE exercise, so you can eat them all back and still lose.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun

HRM is Heart Rate Monitor.

If you are basing your burn of MFP database...its probably off...actually I'd guarantee that its off.

If you're buring 1000, I'd say you need to eat at LEAST 500 of that. So again if you are on 1200 calorie day you need to eat minimum of 1700 in a day.
  • Dero1794
    Thanks everyone for taking time to respond. I appreciate it and I'll follow your advice.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Mine was from physical labor at work plus an hour workout. I ate what I was able to, but I cannot arbitrarily just eat to consume the calories. This is all about a lifestyle change - my metabolism increases with eating HEALTHY foods - hence not calorie heavy foods.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Your BMR (Basal Metobolic Rate) is 1654

I have no clue how you are able to function to be honest. You need food - remember your organs (brain, eyes, kidneys, liver, heart....) all need nutrients to thrive.

TDEE minus 20% is 1587 - so you need to NET at least 1587 per day!!!

EAT!!!!
  • Dero1794

HRM is Heart Rate Monitor.

If you are basing your burn of MFP database...its probably off...actually I'd guarantee that its off.

If you're buring 1000, I'd say you need to eat at LEAST 500 of that. So again if you are on 1200 calorie day you need to eat minimum of 1700 in a day.

Including those I burned? or after workout I have to eat 1700 again?
  • Dero1794
    I will. <3 thank youu
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Under calories goal*

Hello guys,
    I think I am facing a serious problem.

Yesterday I got an alert on MFP saying that I am eating fewer calories ( I know that's due to the number of calories I burn when exercise). Therefore, today I thought about eating more calories to balance the whole thing, my goal is 1200, I ate 1407 calories, then when I exercised I burned 1100 calories so now I'm left with 307 calories that are under my goal. What should I do ! should I stop working out that hard?

Thank you

I doubt that you burned 1100 calories...if you indeed do that, you may want to cut back on your exercise. You don't have to kill yourself working out and you're most likely over training unless you're actually a serious athlete.
  • I tried eating all of my exercise calories back over a month or two and I didn't lose anything. I think I probably overestimate how many calories I'm burning, and/or underestimate how many I'm eating. I've switched to eating half of them back and the weight is coming off again.