Help me please

Options
I stopped losing weight and i'm not happy about it. Because if it i'm not motivated in the slightest to go to the gym. Everyone always posts pictures of really in shape people and that just makes me feel worse. I don't know how to get out of this slump i'm in but i really want out. When ever i'm at the gym i just feel like i'm going to explode from anger, or start crying. I don't know what to do.

Replies

• teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I stopped losing weight and i'm not happy about it. Because if it i'm not motivated in the slightest to go to the gym. Everyone always posts pictures of really in shape people and that just makes me feel worse. I don't know how to get out of this slump i'm in but i really want out. When ever i'm at the gym i just feel like i'm going to explode from anger, or start crying. I don't know what to do.

Have you changed routine? Also, how you tried adding or cutting calories in your nutrition? It sounds like your body got used to whatever you were doing. If you dont mind me asking, what do you usually do at the gym?
  • nicolabcy
    nicolabcy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    well i run everyday, and everyday i switch between leg, chest arm/ etc.
  • cseckinger1
    Options
    I walk in the woods, it is something I've always loved, maybe the gym thing isn't for you, it wasn't for me either. Do something you love, & get you a buddy to walk w/ or workout with..
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you can try exercising at home with workout videos, or body-weight routines. You tube has tones of offerings that you do in the comfort of your home with no special equipment required.
  • shirleylmartin
    shirleylmartin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a challenge group would be beneficial to you; it's daily motivation from people going through what you're going through! I'm in one right now, and there are two people in the group who are taking medication for depression, so sometimes it's really hard to keep them going; but since it's a GROUP effort, we are able to lift up and encourage all the time!