Zucchini Recipes

Options
RickyIsabella
RickyIsabella Posts: 5 Member
I have a ton of zucchini and looking for new and easy recipes???

Replies

• tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I like to grill mine, or roast it with some summer squash. It's also good to use as a "boat". Check out skinnytaste.com. She has a recipe or two for zucchini boats. I also like to spiralize mine and make a peanut sauce and toss with red pepper and onion.
  • blueeyez1727
    blueeyez1727 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    use zucchini instead of noodles for lasagna.
    zucchini "fries" (baked after dipped in egg and panko)
    i make a veggie casserole with roasted veggies, tomato sauce, etc and topped with some mozz

:)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    i make a veggie casserole with roasted veggies, tomato sauce, etc and topped with some mozz

^This and you can shred it and use it instead of spaghetti noodles, too.

Google Zucchini Tots, they're really tasty too.
  • blueeyez1727
    blueeyez1727 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i've been wanting to try the zucchini tots! i need to just do it on a night i have the time! right now i have a HUGE 3 pound zucchini that i need to turn into something. i'm thinking my little casserole for easy lunches
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Simple, but good:

Slice the zucchini like you would a cucumber. Lay the slices on a sprayed cookie sheet. Spray olive oil over the tops and sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder and some black pepper. Then top with a sprinkle of cheese (I like mozzarella & parmesan) and some tomato sauce. Bake at 350 for ~13 minutes. Yum!
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I started adding mine to salads in place of cucumbers. Made a taco salad last week and didnt have a cucumber but did have half a small zucchini left over....was just fine.
  • bcf7683
    Options

I like to do the lasagna idea with alternating layers of noodles & zucchini. You still get the "real" lasagna taste with less carbs
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I like to make stuffed zucchini (instead of stuffed peppers).
    Sometimes I just chop it up, saute it with some olive oil, onion & garlic & mix it in with a little pasta
    Or, this is my husband's favorite thing for me to do with it... zucchini almond burgers:
    http://lukasvolger.com/2010/08/04/zucchini-almond-burgers/
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    3-4 zucchini shredded/grated
    1 cup of cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, whatever you want)
    1 dry mix of Ranch Dressing
    2 eggs

Mix everything together, put on a cookie sheet in "cookie" or "chip" sized pieces, pop in the oven at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. They won't be crispy, but they are freakin' delicious!
  • Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Zucchini slice: 1 bacon rasher (rind trimmed), 500 grams of zucchini (approx 4), 2 cloves of garlic, 5 eggs, approx 80 grams of cheese (shredded if using hard), 150 grams self raising flour, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, salt and pepper for seasoning and olive oil spray for frying and to line the pan.
    Cook bacon in frying pan. Put aside and cook garlic and zucchini until tender (3-5min). Let cool and then combine all other ingredients sifting in the flour last. Cook in pan at approx 180 degrees till golden and set (~30 minutes).

Makes about 8 slices and can be quite low cal dependent on the cheese you use. I normally add another rasher of bacon and it logs just under 200 cals per serving.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blueyegirl0712
    blueyegirl0712 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mrskatie
    Mrskatie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Here's my faves: (Aside from just sautee with a little oil- easy and yummy side dish!)

**Zucchini “Noodles” with Sesame-Peanut Sauce (This is filling, low cal and YUMMMM)
    http://pinterest.com/pin/15973773651026242/

Zucchini Cupcakes with Greek Yogurt Frosting
    http://pinterest.com/pin/15973773650987791/

Zucchini a la Carbonara
    http://pinterest.com/pin/15973773651138526/

Salt & Pepper Zucchini Chips (Make them even healthier by skipping salt and season with Mrs.Dash instead)
    http://pinterest.com/pin/15973773650952340/
  • thewordwarrior
    Options
    Bump
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com. There are lots of yummy zucchini recipes. My favorites are these:

Zucchini pancakes: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/06/zucchini-pancakes-225-pts.html
    Top with a little sour cream and they are delicious!

Zucchini sticks: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/baked-zucchini-sticks-13-pts.html
    I dip these in marinara sauce

Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/baked-zucchini-sticks-13-pts.html
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    spray foil slice zucchini and onions , salt , pepper, garlic powder, or just lemon pepper really good.
    wrap & seal folding edges making loose pocket and put on grill until tender.
  • bcf7683
    Options
    3-4 zucchini shredded/grated
    1 cup of cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, whatever you want)
    1 dry mix of Ranch Dressing
    2 eggs

Mix everything together, put on a cookie sheet in "cookie" or "chip" sized pieces, pop in the oven at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. They won't be crispy, but they are freakin' delicious!

Trying this tonight!
  • Thokiz
    Thokiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    KIMCHI! :love: Well at least my take on it.

I usually wing the recipe everytime, but could probably write it down later if anyone wants it.

Zucchini
    Diakon Radish
    Carrots
    Green Onions
    Ginger (optional)
    Garlic
    Fish sauce
    Red Chile Paste (found it at Walmart)
    Salt
    Sugar
    Flour

Eat plain or serve over rice. It has a good, strong flavor and keeps for weeks & weeks.

I made something similar last night with yellow squash, cut back on the salt & sugar and put it in the food processor. It turned out like a salsa with a Korean flair, now I just have to figure out a healthy "chip" to eat it with. May be a good spread for other things.

Edit: Just noticed the zucchini chips on a previous post that would be perfect.
  • Slaynar
    Slaynar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Zucchini Parmesan Crisps

1 lb. zucchini or squash (about 2 medium-sized)
    1/4 cup shredded parmesan (heaping)
    1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs (heaping)
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    freshly ground pepper, to taste

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray lightly with vegetable spray.
    2) Slice zucchini or squash into 1/4 inch-thick rounds. Toss rounds with oil, coating well.
    3) In a wide bowl or plate, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper.
    Place rounds in parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides of each round, pressing to adhere. The mixture will not completely cover each round, but provides a light coating on each side.
    4) Place rounds in a single layer on baking sheets. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the rounds.
    5) Bake for about 22 to 27 minutes, until golden brown. (There is no need to flip them during baking -- they crisp up on both sides as is.)
  • Slaynar
    Slaynar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This one is for Yellow Squash but can use Zucchini instead.
    *YELLOW SQUASH CASSEROLE RECIPE**

INGREDIENTS:
    2 pounds of yellow squash (about 4 cups)
    1/2 large onion, chopped
    1 sleeve of Ritz Crackers (about 35 crackers)
    1 cup cheddar cheese
    2 eggs
    3/4 cups milk
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    salt and pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
    Lightly steam squash and onion in steamer basket* for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
    In medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and cheese.
    In large bowl, add drained squash and onion and gently fold in 1/2 the cracker/cheese mixture.
    In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk, then add to squash mixture.
    Melt 1/2 cup of butter. Add half the melted butter to the squash mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
    Spread squash mixture into 9 x 13″ baking dish. Top with remaining crackers and pour remaining butter over dish.
    Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes until lightly brown.