I am afraid to enter actual weight...

splooshcar
splooshcar Posts: 49
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone else have this problem?

I actually ROUND-UP my weight when I log it into MFP because I am afraid of sliding back up... and then I'd have to enter the new higher weight.... and everyone would say "look at her, she's slacking" when really its just my time of month/bad week at work/family in town, etc.

Last I checked (guilty of checking almost daily), I was 1-2lbs LESS than my posted weight, but I'm still hesitant to adjust it. Does anyone else round-up or am I overly neurotic?
Thanks.

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    i weigh daily BUT i only check in on monday mornings..i dont change the ticker daily
  • nica8605
    nica8605 Posts: 31 Member
    I have the problem of stepping on the scale everyday maybe even more than once.. it seems like it tells me too.. lol.. but yea i try to check in once a week..
  • mthomas25
    mthomas25 Posts: 24 Member
    i weigh daily BUT i only check in on monday mornings..i dont change the ticker daily

That's really good advice! Thanks!
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    I do round up but only to the next number. If I weighed in at 180.5 I would say I weighed 181. If I gain weight because of TOM visiting I just do not record my weight as changing at all and wait for the next weigh in date.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    yw...i dont have guilt for weighing daily ......i have guilt when i dont weigh and dont stay accountable...i know a lot of people are against weighing daily but for me its avoiding the problem and the truth if i dont weigh and confront it.....
  • i only change the "weigh-in" if i lose. LOL
    so sometimes i'm up for weeks, but i don't change it.
    if i did..that would depress me so much.
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    i only change the "weigh-in" if i lose. LOL

I thought I was the only one who did this :laugh: Thanks for your honesty!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Yes, I do this. Even if the scale says 132...which it does... I say 134, for a 2lb. fluctuation (water, food, waste). If I got to 130, and stayed at that weight for a month or so, then I would say 132. Am I a weirdo? Yes, but there's a method and results to this madness ;)
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    I adjust it whether I lose or gain because I won't want to lie to myself. Sundays are my official weigh in days. I do weigh in daily cause I do lose through out the week. If I see a number twice or maybe even three times in a row I know it's weight loss. Of course on Sunday's take the number shown as the official number whether I seen just that morning or for the whole week.

The issue I did have was entering my starting weight. For awhile I have been 175 but the day I joined this site I happen to be 173. So I just enter that weight (I did jump up back up to 175)

Last night I finally adjusted my starting weight. My ticker said 9lbs lost when I really knew it was more.

Just be true to yourself.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member

Me too! I weigh in everyday and only record a loss. If I'm up, I just leave it be.
  • SwissTracey
    SwissTracey Posts: 34 Member
    I do the same thing. If my weight does go up I work a lot harder to get back to that number and only once I have gone under that orginal number will I record it :)
  • lyssarowan
    lyssarowan Posts: 6 Member
    I do the same thing. If my weight does go up I work a lot harder to get back to that number and only once I have gone under that orginal number will I record it :)

I feel so not alone :) I do the same thing - I do keep track of the actual numbers on an ipod app I have that averages weight over time to minimize the effects of those fluctuations, but I just can't stand to do it on here and see my ticker change the wrong way!
  • ndm531
    ndm531 Posts: 33 Member
    Although one of my big goals is to lose weight, I keep trying to focus on living healthy and not just the number on the scale. I try not to get too vested in that number - if it goes up slightly, I go bananas slightly. I get discouraged and do destructive things (eat). So, I am weighing once a week, I am recording the actual number and I am walking away (literally a nice LONG walk) and chalking it up to just a number.

Nicky
  • ryssaan
    ryssaan Posts: 44 Member
    I weigh daily and I log daily. I want to stay true to myself and fluctuations are natural. Over time the number goes down little by little. Just remember that weight loss takes time and we all have fluctuations it's only natural. Don't get discouraged
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    I do the EXACT same thing. I weigh in the morning, before I eat and always round up to the next pound to avoid a psychological letdown of gaining a pound the next week, just in case. In addition, if I did a lot of sweating the previous day and think I didn't replenish all of my fluids yet, I'll round up as much as 2 lbs.

So far, it's working. I haven't "gained" on any of my weigh in days. It's a trivial thing but, I sleep better at night doing it this way. Just this morning I was wondering to myself if anyone else was as neurotic as me and did it this way. It looks like a lot of us are. LOL
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    I am the same... I only change my weight when I see it stay the same for like 3 days... lol
  • Bryan190
    Bryan190 Posts: 54
    I (so far) only record losses, but with a self-rule to keep it real. If I have a loss, I will record it regardless of when the last record was made, and start a mental, two week clock. During the first week I will only record again if I show another loss (and restart the clock). If there is no loss during the first week but during week 2 I can equal the same weight I previously recorded I will record it again and restart the clock. If at the end of week 2 I have a gain I will record it, but fortunately that has not yet happened.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I record whatever the scale says, gain or loss and if I gain I mainly put it on my wall for all to see
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    1. DO NO weigh yourself everyday... it will drive you nuts, weight fluctuates from day to day

2. Weigh once a week and put the scale AWAY (I do on monday mornings, before breakfast)

3. Log your correct weight...
    all you're doing is hurting yourself psychologically, because if it wasn't, you wouldn't have posted this, in the first place

4. We are ALL here for you... whether we are on your friends list or not

5. SMILE!!!... You are on your way to a healthier you

((((HUGSSSSS))))

:flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    You don't need to change your ticker everytime your weight changes. Most people only record a weight change they know will stick. I typically know if my 1 lb for the week is a real 1 lb or if it's because I was sick or something and it's water weight and will gain it back once I eat regular food. I don't change my weight when I get TOM 'cause that could be a difference sometimes of 5 lbs. I also don't record when I put on water weight (same as TOM but different circumstances - too much sodium or not enough water, etc.). I just record weight I lose (or gain) that I know is going to stick for awhile.
This discussion has been closed.