Chalean Extreme and 6 Week 6 Pack

Options
I am currently on the last month (Lean Phase) of ChaLean Extreme and was wondering if I can incorporate more weights like Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack on my "rest" days? Do you think it would be bad to not have a rest day from strength? I am very pleased with my results so far from ChaLean but I still need to tone my tummy area and I have seen people's progress pics from Jillian's 6 week 6 pack dvd and I want to incorporate that into my routine. What should I do? Should I wait til I have completed ChaLean or should I incorporate it now? Has anyone done both at the same time? Thanks for any advice:smile: .

Replies

• willkatezoesmom
    Options
    Hello,
    Did you end up doing this? I am curious about the exact same question and I googled it and found your post. I have one more workout in CLX Push phase, then moving into Lean. I have heard a lot of good things about Jillian's workouts, and I'm intrigued by the 6 week to 6 pack one. I'm going to start this next week (I'm also finishing up the Couch to 5k running program) and I'll let you know how I like it...if you did it, what did you think?
    Thank you!
    Kristin
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I haven't done CLX but I LOVED 6 Week 6 Pack. I was still pretty overweight when I did it all the way through so I didn't actually get a 6 pack from it (well...maybe it was under all the fat!) but it definitely was a great workout and helped me lose weight.

Honestly I've been lifting weights in the gym every other day (with either cardio, yoga, or ballet class on the in-between days) and I'm seeing some great changes in my tummy. I'm developing the lines on the sides and everything is tightening up.
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello - I just started LEAN, and 6W6P is part of my rotation of cardio videos.

The weight-bearing moves in the two DVDs are not the same at all. I think you'd be ok, as long as you are careful to use a lower weight than what you are used to for CLX.

Good luck!