Ugh I hate food.

Options
I mean, yeah right, I love food. But I HATE food. I have gotten out of the habit of eating fast food, at least, and it no longer appeals to me. Its been about 6 months since I have touched it. I have been really trying to make my main source of nutrition low fat, high protein meats and veggies. But the problem is I get so bored with the same food. Meat, veggies, meat, veggies....blah.
You can only do so much baking, grilling or broiling of fish and chicken before the "fat voice" in your head says "Ooooh, I know, FRY IT!"

How do you all cope with food boredom?

Replies

• ardaniels0417
    Options
    Just change it up as much as you can.. Add and remove things just for a change of pace. Have you tried any new foods to add to your routine? Maybe you should try to find new things you've never tasted before and add them. Maybe it will spice things up??
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I would suggest trying new spices and marinades. Homemade ones are probably best but even if you do get some store bought one just watch cals and sodium.
  • suecq09
    suecq09 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    oven "fry" chicken. its great - there are a ton of recipes out there.

if you are an adventurous type - just grab a cookbook from another cuisine and learn some new ways to treat old ingredients.

i love food network - and have picked up a ton of tips there for making healthy options and not getting bored.
  • jyt2573
    jyt2573 Posts: 80
    Options
    I totally agree with the adding of spices. I had the same problem you did and in a moment of panic, I bought 3 or 4 jars of herbs I had never heard of. When I got home, I opened them and smelled them...and wondered what they would taste good with. Now I have all kinds of herbs and spices and although I am sure I don't use them like any sane person would, they have gone a long way towards shaking things up inmy meals, I also like to use no calorie - big flavor items, like: garlic, lemon juice, horseradish, vinegar and ginger. It is amazing how much flavor they can add!
  • jessicawestbrook9
    Options
    Try stuff out of Cook Yourself Thin, Cook Yourself Thin Faster, and Biggest Loser. They even include desserts. It helps out my inner fat kid. Also, embrace Skinny Cow desserts found in grocery freezer sections.
  • mellanieblue
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone - especially oven frying. I'll have to try that since my body doesn't want to easily let go of fried foods. =)
  • beagle23
    Options
    Costco has a coated baked halibut that is similar to fried fish. 2 pieces is 220 calories. I love it with some malt vinegar...
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    just use google!! I love beans and through searching the internet I've found a few of my most favorite foods ever....like cuban black beans, chick pea pasta sauce, foods may also not be as "bad" as you think. I've been using the recipe builder on here and I'll add a few tablespoons of oil to dishes and butter, and things I thought were def no no items, and it turns out once you divide it all up into portions most meals are very reasonable.

We've been doing tons of BBQing lately, so shishkabob beef and porkchops, MMMMMM.

Soups, stews and stirfrys are all really good options with tons of potential for changing things up!

one of my other faves is crock pot pulled pork! amazing!
  • circuspunk92
    Options
    Go on AllRecipies.com!!! Love that site! you just type in like "Chicken" and it gives u A BUNCH of yummy recipies to make chicken diff ways!