What is your goal weight bmi?

Options
Just thought this would be interesting. There's lots of posts to allow ppl of different heights to compare goals/weight/measurements just thought it might be interesting to see what bmi ppl are aiming for-even out the playing field as such.
My goal weight bmi is 19.2

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My goal weight BMI is 19. Although I'm 6 foot, I have a tiny frame for my height! :laugh:

Of course, if I feel I look good before that point, I'll happily stop losing! :wink:
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    This is why I think BMI is stupid. My goal weight is 165, at that weight, I'd be under 10% body fat, but my BMI is 25 which is considered overweight...so dumb
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My goal BF% is 15% or thereabouts. BMI is for the birds...BMI says I'm overweight now, but I'm at a healthy BF%. I don't have a ton, but I do have some muscle....which pretty much throws BMI out the window.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    According to BMI, I am overweight. 72", 185 lbs. Whadya think?

TomBFcomparison.jpg

I think there are better ways to determine ideal / desired weight.

Tom
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I consider it irrelevant.

Goal body fat percentage is 23%.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    BMI is basically useless, IMO. It tells me at 5'11 to be 170 lbs to barely be in the healthy range. My body fat if i were 170 lbs would be under 5%.

Percent body fat is a lot better goal. For me 190lbs is my goal, 15% body fat.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Dont trust BMI its a stupid number doctors use to categories people, there are tons of body builder who are considered overweight due to the BMI score, but are in better shape than the normal wieght BMIs'
  • Hotdawgnothotdog
    Hotdawgnothotdog Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought too much about it, I just know I wanna get in the healthy BMI range, but thinking about it, probably 22-23, it's about smack dab in the middle of under and over weight.
  • LucyMcd1
    LucyMcd1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I really want to get to 19.4 but anything below 25 would be a big difference. Good luck with your goal :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, honestly. I have a goal body fat % of 16, so when I get there I will let you know my BMI and say that's my goal. :flowerforyou:

My BMI is in the healthy range right now, but my body fat is at 22% (which although is healthy and normal) is too high for my tastes.
  • sammichlady
    Options
    My goal weight is 150, that is the thinnest i get without looking too skinny. Im 5'10 so that is about 5 lbs higher than my recommended weight. but i havent weighed 145 since i was 14, and that would be a tad too low for me now since ive grown more and filled out since then. Honestly i would be thrilled with being around 170.
  • sammichlady
    Options
    so yeah that would be around 24.4 at 170 i think
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    24.0, but as others have said it really isn't the best measure. I am shooting for a BF% in the high teens.
  • ouiouilezizi
    Options

Goal weight is 170, and I am 5'9"

Then again, I've never weighed below 180, so maybe if I got to 170 I would rethink my final goal weight.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm working toward a certain body fat %, but by my calculations I should be around a 24bmi when I hit my first BF goal. My ultimate goal is harder to figure because I'll hopefully be putting on muscle, but for now it looks to be around a 22bmi.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am at a healthy BMI at 23.9. But my goal is about a 20.5-21.3.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    It is pretty pointless to have a goal BMI when a person can be a healthy BMI and an unhealthy bf% with a nice, flabby appearance.
    I do not know what my BMI is currently, but my bf is 12-14% (erring on the side of caution with the 14 since my last check was 5 weeks ago) and I will take that.
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    BMI is a stupid number. The primary use for it is to assess populations of people.

At the individual level it is meaningless and indeed, often misleading.

Don't think about a goal BMI. In fact, try not to think too much about a goal weight.

Measurements are a much better indicator as is the amount of BF and FFM you carry.
    These will tell you much more about your health than the other indicators.