Jillian Michaels Whey Protein VS. Body by Vi

Options
Hi everyone! After my Zumba class tonight my teacher had a Body by Vi meeting for anyone interested. I stayed for the meeting and tasted a few samples of the shakes and heard some people tell their stories and about their great results. I went home and pulled my JM powder out of the cabinet and decided to try my own version of the Body by Vi chocolate peanut butter shake. Suprisingly, the shake I made with the JM powder tasted EXACTLY like the Body by Vi one. So, after this I am wondering what would be the purpose of spending 50/bag of shake mix when I can spend 10 for Jillian Michaels protein powder? and still have 30 meals. I don't see where there is a difference? So I have decided to try my own 90 day challenge with JM powder. Has anyone else ever thought about this?

Replies

• cabarbe
    Options
    I am "aching" to hear about your success on the JM powder VS Body by Vi....BBV is the buzz around here too and it seems everyone is doing it... do you have any results to share with us or comparisons to that of your BBV friends? I'm crossing my fingers for some much talked about success, I think BBV is expensive so I'm nervous to try it?
  • blcotton
    Options
    I'm just starting today, but I will definitely keep you posted on results. I just can't see spending that much especially since I am a college student with a minimum wage job.
  • KDMAASwann
    Options
    I am on the Body By Vi and thought it was expensive at first too...I started in July with the shape kit (99.00) and I have only had to pay for that once, as I have taken full advantage of the referral program. In addition to that, I have also gotten so many referrals that I upgraded to the fit kit (299.00) for free. I wish you the best of luck in reaching your goals=) I personally think that you can achieve your health goals with any product as long as you have the motivation to do so! :smile: Have a great weekend!
  • mmesser0505
    Options
    I am very interested to hear about any result you might be having. I just bought the whey protein and have tried it but I have heard a lot of good things about Body by Vi. I would like to stick with using the whey if I can come up with some good recipes and it produces results.
  • noeys
    noeys Posts: 56
    Options
    Im looking at BBV, cause a neighbor just started and no doubt wants me to be one of her 3 referrals. What I dont get though is I read somewhere that you should get your calorie count HERE and then make sure you eat enough foods with your shakes to get to that calorie count... so why not just eat food to that count? MFP wants me eating 1600 calories a day (which I think is high to lose weight lol) so if I were to drink shakes for B and L, I would have ot eat SO MIUCH FOOD at dinner and snacks and I dont see how I would lose weight????? Are the shakes magic or something? lol
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    The Body By Vi seems to have 7g carbs and only 12g protein - thats a low amount of protein. Is this correct for those of you that have it? Seems like just another shake product trying to capitalise on the weight loss market.
  • fubar2us
    fubar2us Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The Body By Vi seems to have 7g carbs and only 12g protein - thats a low amount of protein. Is this correct for those of you that have it? Seems like just another shake product trying to capitalise on the weight loss market.

If 12g protein is correct I don't think I would survive. I would feel hungry all the time. when I am home I do Herbalife at 20g protein and even then I have a hard time making it to my next meal sometimes. Extra food when I get hungry is not an option at my job so I have to stick with just eating at meal times.
  • suziecue66
    Options

If 12g protein is correct I don't think I would survive. I would feel hungry all the time. when I am home I do Herbalife at 20g protein and even then I have a hard time making it to my next meal sometimes. Extra food when I get hungry is not an option at my job so I have to stick with just eating at meal times.

I feel ripped off when the protein powder doesn't have at least 20g protein before the addition of any milk if you choose. I have mine mostly with water.
  • candice36
    Options
    Body by VI is a good jump start for people who want to lose weight, however, try use poor quality protein. I prefer protein powders.
  • audra1ee
    audra1ee Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Jillian Michaels Protein, but I have been attempting to use BBV. I can't say I've had great results, but I also haven't used it as directed prior to this week, so that's not really the most fair assessment. My aunt and uncle are both on it and have had great success and they rave about it. I've heard from quite a few people that I actually know that they have had success with it, so now I'm giving it a try. I wouldn't be if I had to pay for it myself though. I have a grandma who doesn't like having a fat granddaughter haha.
  • suziecue66
    Options
    Whatever slimming product one uses there will always be success with it when there is compliance. You keep it up the fat loss will follow.
  • ErcLrsn
    ErcLrsn Posts: 1
    Options
    @blcraven - the JM Whey protein is just whey protein. The BBV powder is more than just protein powder, it includes Aminogen which helps maximize protein and nutrient absorption. Fiber-sol which is a fiber blend that helps you keep feeling full. The protein is a blend of whey and soy with all the bad stuff removed (isoflavones).

@noeys - not magic just a lot of nutrition in one shake. 1600 calories is not a lot if you are eating 5-6 small healthy high protien meals a day and using the shakes to substitute a couple of those when convenient

@suziecue66 and fubar2us - the body can only absorb 4 to 9 grams of protein an hour. anything more just goes down the toilet. The 12g is just whats in the shake mix, when you add fat free milk, soy milk or almond milk it doubles the protein intake. so if you are eating at 12-20 grams of protein every 3 hours you will be always absorbing it for muscle building/repairing.

BTW My wife and I use ViSalus products and promote the Body By Vi 90 day Challenge. I am not trying to be bias just responding to the questions. As Suziecue66 stated if you keep up with any program or product results will follow. Our family, friends and ourselves have had great success with it. There is a whole lot more detailed info out there, I tried to summarize. hope this all helps and good luck to everyone on their goals!
  • FitRealtor18
    FitRealtor18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @ErcLrsn - Spot on! I have lost 107 lbs in 11 months with BBV Challenge. I love how all of the comments stopped after your explanation! Well done, you represent the mission to fight obesity very well!
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    what protein powder you take has very little to no effect on your weight loss or "toning." It's all about calorie restriction and exer... oh nevermind.
  • Jred36
    Jred36 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @blcraven - the JM Whey protein is just whey protein. The BBV powder is more than just protein powder, it includes Aminogen which helps maximize protein and nutrient absorption. Fiber-sol which is a fiber blend that helps you keep feeling full. The protein is a blend of whey and soy with all the bad stuff removed (isoflavones).

@noeys - not magic just a lot of nutrition in one shake. 1600 calories is not a lot if you are eating 5-6 small healthy high protien meals a day and using the shakes to substitute a couple of those when convenient

@suziecue66 and fubar2us - the body can only absorb 4 to 9 grams of protein an hour. anything more just goes down the toilet. The 12g is just whats in the shake mix, when you add fat free milk, soy milk or almond milk it doubles the protein intake. so if you are eating at 12-20 grams of protein every 3 hours you will be always absorbing it for muscle building/repairing.

BTW My wife and I use ViSalus products and promote the Body By Vi 90 day Challenge. I am not trying to be bias just responding to the questions. As Suziecue66 stated if you keep up with any program or product results will follow. Our family, friends and ourselves have had great success with it. There is a whole lot more detailed info out there, I tried to summarize. hope this all helps and good luck to everyone on their goals!

Great explanation!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Strong thread resurrection...............and sales pitches
  • thelgraham
    Options
    I HATE all these products... Eating a clean healthy diet and exercising regularly can do wonders... I cut 95% of gluten, no refined sugar (only naturally occurring sugars), very little dairy and A LOT of fresh raw veggies, fruits and lean protein... Put some nutritional research and education into your life along with a good balance of cardio, free weights and yoga and you can achieve anything... I wonder long term, REAL long term how all these fad diets will affect people... Keep it simple and go back to the roots of life.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The Jillian Michaels Whey Protein is actually rebadged Pure Protein brand. It is... decent enough for what it is, but you would be much better off buying a more reputable brand that you can get from supplement stores in 5 lb tubs. Much cheaper and much better quality. Regarding Body By Vi, it's basically a big scam/MLM operation. You should ignore anything that brand advertises.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

Sales pitch alert. Sales pitch alert. SPAMMER SPAMMER.
  • babygyrl182
    babygyrl182 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my firend got me into body by vi, after seeing her with awesome result, she just had a baby, so she had all that baby fat, started the vi-shake and in one week lost 5 lbs without no excersie. so i decided to do the vi 90 days challenge. i eat breakfast, have a fruit for a snack, then have a shake. eat natural almods for snacks, drinking another shake, walk 2 miles, and did the t25 every night. and once im done working out, had an apple. in just one week i lost 8 lbs. im on week 2 and im 3 lbs away from losing another 3 pounds. these shakes are to help you out with hunger and vitmins ya body needs as well as protien, but it only works with excersise to get real results. i bought vi from ebay its way cheaper there. i love vi cause it has a good taste to it, and i wanna take it more, with whey protien that shyt is so nasty. i stop taking it i just didnt have the taste buds to ever get used to it. i got all my friends on vi now, and watch ya calories is also important when taking the shakes