NSV, sort of...

Options
wrubsie76
wrubsie76 Posts: 37 Member
I went to my favorite restaurant today. It is a "mom & pop" cafe. The owner is the chef and his girlfriend is the waitress. This is a restaurant that I used to frequent 3-4 times a week. It was the first time I went there since re-starting the diet.(About 2 weeks ago) Before I started the diet again, I used to order a bacon burger with fries or a BBQ chicken sandwich with fries. Today, I ordered grilled marinated chicken with a small salad, dressing on the side. (This is not even on the menu, but since I'm a "regular" the chef made it for me) I was so proud of myself because I was able to steer away from my ultimate comfort foods and make better choices! Now I know that I can go back there again and still eat healthy.

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    That's an excellent NSV! Nice job. :D
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Small changes like that add up to lifestyle changes! Keep it up!
  • brian1383
    brian1383 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great job! Also, kudos to the restaurant. A "mom and pop" knows a loyal customer and will cater to their new choices.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You made a great food choice, supported a local restaurant, and had a delicious meal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!