Hi, I am new and would love to make some friends

Options
Hi, I am Jennifer. I am a single mom and a full-time Elementary Education student at FSU. I will be student teaching in August, and if all goes well, graduate in December. I am excited. However, I have gained back the weight that I had previously lost. I was down to a size 10, and all the clothes that would be great to wear during student teaching (we have to dress nice and professional) no longer fit. So I have great motivation to get back to my size 10. I also want to be healthier, and have more energy. Energy is a must for teaching :)

I was a member of Weight Watchers at one time but can no longer afford it, so I happened upon My Fittness Pal. I know loggin in my food, and tracking my weight loss will help. I also know that I need people to interact with to encourage and be an encouragement to me. I do much better at attaining my goals whenever I have people that I tell my goals to. Once I say it, I do not want to have to come back and admit I did not reach my goal.

I also believe in portion control along with eating healthy and exercising. One thing I currently do is play a game while eating. I eat super fast, and this helps me to slow down a lot on eating. It has helped a lot in small portions filling me up. I also eat when I am not hungry, which is another issue I am currently addressing. It is a daily battle. One that I am winning more than losing as of right now :)

Replies

• Hotdawgnothotdog
    Hotdawgnothotdog Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new life style and your potential graduations! :) I hope all goes well. I too struggle with eating when I'm not hungry (big reason in here in the first place) and need some motivation, along with being willing to offer motivation to anyone who wants some. Feel free to add me, welcome to MFP.
  • spiffymacadamia
    spiffymacadamia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeniffer! I am also a previous member of WW and had great success with it. I have been on MFP for the last couple months, more consistently, and am now trying to reach out to make new friends. I completely agree with you. Support systems make the journey to becoming healthy so much more easy and enjoyable. :)
  • heidimomoftwo
    Options
    Hey Jenniferft199 and LegendJenning! I'm a married mom of two children under five. I've been laid off since February and am starting a new job in a few weeks. I eat when I am bored or if I'm on the computer doing tasks. I learned early that even too much of a good thing is a problem. I was eating too much fruit believe it or not! Finding that balance is my goal especially with going back to work!
    Feel free to add me guys!
  • MidnightDave
    MidnightDave Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. It's amazing both what sneaks in throughout a week and also how some things you think are good for you, really are not--like sugar drinks sneaking in, sugar in fruit and the amount of fat in cheese, in my case. Looks like you're already getting a good buddy system in place, too. Being accountable to others really helps. Share your diary with those guys and believe me you'll start thinking about what you're about to eat and the fact you have to record it. Success and happiness to you all!
  • jlynneh91
    jlynneh91 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi Jennifer. I'm new this week, too and am hoping to get encouragement from others as well. I know the struggles of being a teacher (in a school of 500 students there's sure to be a kid walking around with b-day cupcakes daily, and many teachers love to bring in their leftover treats, such a struggle for will power). Hoping to gain a handle on some new habits before the start of the school year.